Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Spare Filter Section
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:39 am 

I think there should be a product page setup for the Soviet and Russian filters, as I've found trying to get extra filters as awkward and unnofficial here and elsewhere. Also, if we were to categorize them properly, with the 6 different common versions of the filters, it'd be much easier to order replacements.

By five versions, I mean the following. I don't know the official names, so I'll describe them the best I can.

Standard GP-5 Filter

PMG Filter (Slightly taller, often darker green than GP-5 Filters)

GP-7 Filter (Similar to the PMG filter, but with a different design and made later on)

PBF Internal Filters

Cylindrical "Coffee Can" filter

Flat "Coffee Can" filter

Post subject: Re: Spare Filter Section
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:40 am 

I'd like this 'feature' too. As well as a listings for the black GP-5s, white GP-5Ms (or GP-6 as it's called here), GP-4s & the PRWU hoses with sleeves!!!!!! Shocked

I'm aware that there has to be a demand for these but there are a lot of us who would like these being conveniently listed, especially the filters! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:54 am 

Well it would definitely 'broaden,' the website that's for sure, and people like a lot of choices... It makes them stay longer.

Plus there are still some items that Vlad sells that aren't listed here, like Bekas BDU's in the varied new era camouflages.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:40 pm 

Digital Flora.... *Shudder*

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:15 pm 

BSKThemes wrote:

Hey I have a pair of that, it's really not that bad. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:41 pm 

Taurus wrote:
BSKThemes wrote:

I just hate micropattern in general. I don't know why, I guess I'm just retro.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:40 pm 

BSKThemes wrote:
Taurus wrote:
BSKThemes wrote:

I just hate micropattern in general. I don't know why, I guess I'm just retro.

I agree with you for the most part, traditional regular print camouflage is much better in terms of effectiveness and appearance. But there are a few I like such as the Russian KLMK and Beryozka, and the USGI Woodland MARPAT and Digital FLORA is actually pretty decent also...

However, ACU, ABU, and the other forms of MARPAT like CADPAT etc. I absolutely despise, it's the ugliest and least effective pieces of trash I've seen crapped out of the United States and Canada since 'Night Desert Camouflage.' Which is technically a bunch of squares lined out on a gray background in an attempt to make a pattern that reduces the effectiveness of an enemy spotting you with 1st generation night vision. Problem was, is that not only was it useless at night or in any other form of light or environment, but it INCREASED the chances of being spotted by night vision and IR!

Pretty crazy that people don't test their designs anymore don't you think? Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:01 am 

Quote:
I agree with you for the most part, traditional regular print camouflage is much better in terms of effectiveness and appearance. But there are a few I like such as the Russian KLMK and Beryozka, and the USGI Woodland MARPAT and Digital FLORA is actually pretty decent also...

However, ACU, ABU, and the other forms of MARPAT like CADPAT etc. I absolutely despise, it's the ugliest and least effective pieces of trash I've seen crapped out of the United States and Canada since 'Night Desert Camouflage.' Which is technically a bunch of squares lined out on a gray background in an attempt to make a pattern that reduces the effectiveness of an enemy spotting you with 1st generation night vision. Problem was, is that not only was it useless at night or in any other form of light or environment, but it INCREASED the chances of being spotted by night vision and IR!

Pretty crazy that people don't test their designs anymore don't you think? Smile

Odd to think that they'd redesign practically their entire system in an attempt to thwart an outdated piece of equipment that probably sees little use with the US's current threat.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:54 am 

BSKThemes wrote:
Quote:

Odd to think that they'd redesign practically their entire system in an attempt to thwart an outdated piece of equipment that probably sees little use with the US's current threat.

It's part of the required contribution to being apart of NATO I think, just like every country normally has to have their rifles chambered in NATO rounds, their handguns in 9mm, etc.

But then again this is usually only if the country is part of NATO's joined combat operations, and I don't think Russia would go back to Afghanistan anytime soon without first decimating the Chechen rebels first.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:36 am 

The thing that I dont like about digital camo is that there are few straight lines in nature and few multicoloured areas in an urban environment. In combat I used to use my VSR in woodland and mountains and my plain khaki uniform in urban areas. Im still alive.