Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Airsoft AK-74s
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:24 am 

Hey guys, I've been looking for a high quality all metal and all wood AK-74, I've found a very nice electric model, made my VFC http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-VFC-AK-74N.htm but what I really would like is a gas blowback version of this gun, and the only model I could find was an AKS-74U and it was $1500 lol, I was wondering, do you think its could be possible to turn this gun into a GBB model, or should I just be happy with electric? Also, what model of the AK-74 would you guys recommend for a standard infantry soldier? I did find an AKS-74U made by the same company in a special edition with authentic markings like on the reciver, but I don't think thats really a standard issue weapon, what do you guys think??

Post subject: Re: Airsoft AK-74s
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:34 am 

I think it will not be possible to make it a gas blowback. For a standard infantry the model shown on the link you have posted should be fine or one of these should do as well:-

http://www.rsov.com/product/0/355/p_Cym ... CM031.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:02 pm 

electirc should be fine gas is a bitch in low temperatures, and doesnt last as long as a good battery, you could go for the TM AK74 M but thats got black furnitiure, and the battery is mini as the stock folds meanign that it has limited lifespan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:14 pm 

get a CYMA AK-74 its cheaper than a TM but better build quality and a full stock, and its just like a real one. If you have UKARA membership you can pick it up at :-

Ive got one you can see in the airsoft forum thread 'whats everyone using AKA picture tread'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:14 am 

vityaz wrote:
get a CYMA AK-74 its cheaper than a TM but better build quality and a full stock, and its just like a real one. If you have UKARA membership you can pick it up at :-

Ive got one you can see in the airsoft forum thread 'whats everyone using AKA picture tread'

depends what part of the cyma we are talking about here.

i have the same ak74m and a tip from the front ssight broke off when it fell. I superglued back on, so not really meant to discourage (cyma ak74 actually has a good internal system), but the external components should be made of higher grade metals even if it does drive up the price a little.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:43 am 

This is true. I understand you can get all metal upgrade kits, this is something I am looking at for one of mine, but my airsoft club is currently selling ex-armoury stock AK-74's for £70 so it may cheaper for me to buy one of those!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:43 am 

I wonder if it would be possible to buy a deactivated real AK-74 and turn it into an airsoft gun...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:34 am 

very difficult to do and if you interfere with the deactivation you can be f**ked for posession of a firearm. You can get a metal conversion kit for a plastic airsoft AK-74 from www.wolfarmouries.co.uk or www.fire-support.co.uk, or if you have a look at www.airsoftscotland.com I think they also have them in stock

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:54 am 

I wouldent have to worry about possesion of a firearm, cause I live in the US, but I was more wondering if it would be technically feasible...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:54 am 

I understand that you cant buy deactivated weapons in the US, as the receiver is still intact the BATF considers it to be a live weapon and as its an automatic weapon unless you have the class 3 permit from the BATF for possession of automatic weapons its a big no-no. Its also a hell of a lot of work, and after paying the cost of a deact and shipping and all the machine tools you will need for boring out the insides of the deact and anything else its as easy to buy a metal conversion kit! Have a look at this link and go to the bottom of the page for the AK kits:-

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/com ... tegory=235