Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Give me M69 or give me death.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:46 am 

I noticed that this uniform is mainly found in small to medium size; yet it was the standard for soviet forces prior to the m79 uniform and the afghanka. what i call for is bigger sizes (late 50s ex 56-5, 58-5, 60-5) even if they have to be made from original fabrics or alternates. It's a real simple uniform to make. it lack most pockets we find on the afghanka, and it has no inner liner, but you can't be in the soviet forces without it! in short it is the field uniform of the officer, and the glorious motor rifles of the afghanistan era. Hopefully someone will reproduce these nice inexpensive uniforms for us.

here we have pics of the smaller sized suit on this site
http://www.sovietarmystuff.com/detail.p ... uct_id=155

Post subject: Re: Give me M69 or give me death.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:14 pm 

this uniform was known as the He-Be (Hlopchato-Bumazhny) uniform and was not at all popular!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

We have tried to order some uniforms in large sizes. but everywhere very large orders are required and prices for small orders are simply unreal.... Sad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:18 pm 

These uniforms were very little use as was, that is why the multi-pocketed uniform was introduced

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:07 am 

how many uniforms approximately constitutes a very large order??? 100, 1000?
i may get 4 to 5 of these uniforms if they existed in my size. i'd have to run a major ad campaign for these in south america and the US if i needed to move out about a hundred, but i can't convince enough people or buy 400+...

is it possible to get afghanka mixed in with m69 and perhaps m75, and afghanistan tanker uniforms in the very large order required?

and to the other non-believers, this uniform was heavily used in the initial invasion of afghanistan by many motor rifle divisions, and further on by many conscripts until 1991. (it may have been because of a low supply issue with afghankas, but it was still in use!). by the way; it appears to be the only old time tunic used in modern warfare (i could be wrong).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:03 pm 

The GPW era Gymnastiorka and winter telogreika uniform was used in the fighting in Hungary in 1956, the first 'modern' conflict the Soviet Army took part in, and to a lesser extent I think in Czechoslovakia in 1968 which was also a modern conflict (except there was less resistance!) The He-Be uniform was not introduced until around the early 1970's I think. I have a picture somewhere of Soviet and DDR troops on an exercise in 1972 and the Soviet officer is still wearing a gymnastiorka!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:10 am 

yes, but i'm pretty sure they (gymnastiorka) were thoroughly phased out by the afghanistan war, in which m69 was heavily used. Cool

no pockets, but who cares...i got my webbing set, and an extra mag pouch.

I'm getting pretty desperate for this uniform. I might just have to buy two of the medium sized ones and somehow get a tailor to make them for my size even though alteration evidence will be very obvious when completed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:39 am 

there is a place in England that has them, but they are not too cheap. I can get you details if you like?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:54 pm 

if you mean fsu connection, then i understand the high price and lack of size they have.

i have found some cheap medium sizes on ebay. i'll just try one last shot at having m69 authentically made in size 58-5 for me, and if it cannot be done; i'll try this "alteration" route.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:51 am 

vityaz wrote:
there is a place in England that has them, but they are not too cheap. I can get you details if you like?

actually, i just checked their site and would like to know if FSU has m69 in size 58-188 or 60-188 (they list the size as that) i hope that is the same as 58-5/6 or 60-5/6. It's got to fit someone with a 48 inch chest, and 40 or 42 inch waist, and a height of 6 feet.
can you e-mail them or phone them if this is in thier stock? everytime i send them e-mail myself I either don't get a response or the response doesn't answer all the questions (haven't quite managed to reach them on international dialing since i don't have that service in my landline or my cell)...and if you could ask them what is the shipping cost to Washington DC. thanks.

I will also send them e-mail about it, but as i've explained... they are hard as hell to get in contact with...