Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Just ordered -
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:35 pm 

Just made my mega order after a week or so of consideration. Finally decided on:

GP-7v + Flask and satchel
PMG
OZK NBC suit
40mm Gas Mask Hose

I'll post up reviews and arrival times as I get them. For the record I'm living in south-east england, so let's see how long packages from Ukraine take to get here.

I'm still interested in extra filters, if anyone could throw a price up for them.

Post subject: Re: Just ordered -
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:37 pm 

If you get a chance, read the review I wrote on the GP-7 and it's variant in the received products experience tab, it will help you get a first impression on your mask so that you are able to make some preparations for what you might need in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:16 am 

should be about 10 - 14 days for delivery, may be longer if theres a lot of post though but the order will be sent out within 3 days of being placed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:20 am 

Awesome!

I'll read that review now.

Taurus, I do have one question. I read somewhere that you were able to mount a filter on "either side" of the GP-7M, but when I looked, I only saw one place where I could mount it on the left. Is there an alternate way to mount a filter, and is it possible to mount dual filters?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:31 pm 

BSKThemes wrote:
Awesome!

Taurus, I do have one question. I read somewhere that you were able to mount a filter on "either side" of the GP-7M, but when I looked, I only saw one place where I could mount it on the left. Is there an alternate way to mount a filter, and is it possible to mount dual filters?

I'm afraid not, there is only one inlet port in both models of the GP-7, but if you want the filter out of your way you can always attach a hose to the mask and attach your filter to the hose so that you can carry it in a side pack or over your shoulder.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:04 am 

Taurus wrote:
BSKThemes wrote:
Awesome!

I'm afraid not, there is only one inlet port in both models of the GP-7, but if you want the filter out of your way you can always attach a hose to the mask and attach your filter to the hose so that you can carry it in a side pack or over your shoulder.

Yeah, that's what I was planning on. I always liked the idea of having two filters on one mask though. Do you know if there are any other Soviet/Russian masks other than the PBF which can hold two filters? 40mm preferred.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:22 am 

BSKThemes wrote:
Taurus wrote:
BSKThemes wrote:
Awesome!

Yeah, that's what I was planning on. I always liked the idea of having two filters on one mask though. Do you know if there are any other Soviet/Russian masks other than the PBF which can hold two filters? 40mm preferred.

none that I am aware of, to be honest there isnt any great advantage over having two filters, it can be a bit clumsy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:27 am 

Heya

I got back to my old address, and found that a large package had arrived for me from Ukraine, only 6 days after I placed my order. I was surprised.

Within was my PMG mask, full OZK NBC suit, and the 40mm hose. I asked Vlad to package as many things as possible into one package, as things tend to get lost in the mail a lot over here. I am still waiting for my GP-7 package, which I was expecting to arrive soon after the first one (Which arrived 4 days ago).

Overall, very good! The hood on the OZK suit is very big, but I am a small person, so this is expected. I seemed to be shy of a few of the black 'snap' buttons that came with the OZK, but I had enough to wear it adequately. My 40mm hose came without a cover, but that's not very important.

I only hope that my GP-7 hasn't gotten lost in the post or forgotten about. I will let you know when/if it arrives. Altogether very happy with what I received. The PMG is a lot smaller and lighter than I expected it to be, but it fits perfectly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:44 am 

Have fun with your stuff, the OZK is awesome (and smelly!) Smile.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:59 pm 

Smells good!