Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Russian Military Officer NBC Combat Rubber Gas Mask PBF Whit
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:15 pm 

This is a great mask it fits air tight and covers the head almost compleatly and keeps it in place firmly it has a decent field of view and the filters fit in perfectly and they defeanatly work for filtering out smoke from a fire and fumes from various chemicals and such.

the only con i have found with this mask is that its a bit hard to breath thrue your nose with and i often catch myself breathing thrue my mouth.

another small thing to note is that the ear parts of the head cover are extreamly thin and have little small thin discs to help not obstruct your hearing but they tear pritty easy ( as i have learned ) so take care not to accedently press a finger threw this area while donning this mask, ( tearing the ear hole open accedently has no effect on the seal of the mask at all you could probably remove or cut away the entire hood and fix your own straps and it would still hold a seal but.... im just speculating the small hole in my mask just exposes my ear slightly nothing a little duck tape cant handle if i wanted my ears covered.

http://www.sovietarmystuff.com/Product_ ... White.html