Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Oslo Governmental building blown up (AUF-meeting civs killed
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:36 pm 

GabrielMK3 wrote:
Yeah...

The Norwegian prisons aren't like the Mexican ones. They're actually like 4 star motels with free internet, computers, TV, education, work where you can earn money, library etc. Just like a high school, just that you can't get out.

The worst criminals in Oslo stay at the Bastøy island. There they live in luxury houses with good food, and all the other mentioned stuff.
So if you're a hobo, or just doesn't want to pay taxes and bills. Just kill AT LEAST 10 people, stay sane (or else you'll just end up at a high quality Asylum for 5-10 years) and don't act nice in prison, or they'll cut at least half of your in-time.

That is so ridiculous! Hell, I'm moving to Norway and killing 10 people!

No offense to you, but I think your country completely misunderstood what prisons are supposed to be used for! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:25 am 

It's either the extreme left or the extreme right... Norway is too lenient and the U.S. uses prison camps for civilians who create political unrest and awareness at the things that are being committed by the current government.

It will take a failure at both ends for a country to truly realize how to manage something. If you want a good example of a prison that really works; look at the tent prisons in Arizona, worst conditions ever, makes sure to break them down like they need to be broken down to. The only issue the U.S. has as an entire country is putting people in that don't deserve it and they get involved with shit that makes them a criminal for the rest of their existence. Petty shoplifters become drug traffickers after they are integrated into the major gangs of the prison society.

There's just no end to it, I actually started writing a novel that I hope to focus on after my current one is finished that brings to life a truly 'extreme' prison and how it would play out in terms of effectiveness and ineffectiveness to flush out the gray areas in the whole ordeal.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:06 pm 

Too true...

Also all the Norwegian State owned companies sucks. Like the Posten Norge. Uses 7 days to send an envelope with the best shipping able, to a guy living 2 towns away.
The Vietnamese postal system just sent a big package within 24 hours they got it on a plane, and within the next 24 hours, it arrived in Norway. Just got to wait for the Norwegians to do their job... The Svenska Posten works day and night to transport your stuff as fast as possible.

As for the prisons and jail system, Norway should had have lifetime. Lifetime, extended custody etc would be perfect for a country that hosts the most secure trails.

Wish you success with the book!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:41 am 

Nothing but truth in that post, Taurus. Our prisons are absolutely overrun by people who don't really belong there.

Your novel sounds really interesting, as well. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:55 am 

GabrielMK3 wrote:
Nope, I was actually there at the same time and place where the bomb detonated, the day before.... o.o
So I'm feeling lucky, because I was supposed to be there the day WHEN it went off.

So yeah...

Glad you are safe brother, good thing you didn't go there. May the families of those that got killed find peace.

GabrielMK3 wrote:
Yeah...

The Norwegian prisons aren't like the Mexican ones. They're actually like 4 star motels with free internet, computers, TV, education, work where you can earn money, library etc. Just like a high school, just that you can't get out.

The worst criminals in Oslo stay at the Bastøy island. There they live in luxury houses with good food, and all the other mentioned stuff.
So if you're a hobo, or just doesn't want to pay taxes and bills. Just kill AT LEAST 10 people, stay sane (or else you'll just end up at a high quality Asylum for 5-10 years) and don't act nice in prison, or they'll cut at least half of your in-time.

I believe the guy that killed a lot of children in your country didn't get the death penalty. If those killers got deported in a prison here in the Philippines, they would be praying that they got the death penalty. 30 prisoners forced to fit in a room for 10 or 5 people, bad prison food if they get some at all and expired medicines. Some people here are protesting that they should improve prison conditions here and I agree, but not to the extent that it would be too comfortable for those criminals.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:32 am 

Gafrin,

I couldn't agree more!

Got to see something from you, I've just returned from Cuba myself, so I haven't posted much...