Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Selling Soviet Russian KGB Captain Dress Uniform Set Complet
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:12 pm 

For sale is a complete uniform set from a Captain in the Soviet KGB $350.00 USD plus shipping. This dress uniform set comes complete with summer jacket and galife trousers, winter weather trench coat, foul weather rain coat, peaked officer's cap, officer's olive scarf, two dress shirts with matching shoulder boards and clip on olive ties, a leather officer's documents case (not shown), a leather officer's belt with shoulder strap (not shown), and a history unrivaled by many of the items I have collected thus far today.

This is a matching set, and all uniforms were issued to specification. Sizes on shirts and jackets are Russian Metric 54-4 (chest size up to 44 inches, height up to 5'9) and galife trousers are in 54-5 (fits like a 54-4 but should be more appropriate for height of 6'). The belts are made a lot larger so they fit over the winter greatcoat appropriately. The officer's peaked cap is in a Russian Metric size 58 (fits like a 7 1/4 in U.S. sizes).

This set came from a widow living in a village on the outskirts of Kiev, Ukraine who's husband, Igor Solovenko, worked under the Soviet KGB for most of his years as an agent. She told the buyer who I had search out these items that he would not often wear this uniform unless it was for an official occasion. Most of his field duty was spent in civilian clothes, he would be gone for months without telling her where he would be and when or if he would be back. As a child he grew up in an orphanage, Solovensk (Spelling may be off), that was decommissioned after the collapse. His parents, unbeknownst to him, were killed during the Stalinist repression era for being enemies of the people. His parent's deaths were what landed him in the orphanage that gave him his new last name, Solovenko. As an orphan he was conscripted into the Soviet Motorized Rifles troops at an early age. From there he was chosen to attend KGB university due to his knack at infiltration. From there he graduated and quickly escalated to the rank of Captain during the cold war, presumably for his work in West and East Germany. After the collapse many files were declassified and offered for viewing to the interior ministry and KGB. Somehow Igor came across the documents that showed the fate of his parents by the hands of the NKVD (which later became known as the KGB). Stricken with grief for the life he had led in the organization that was responsible for killing his parents, his wife reported that he became an alcoholic and cried most nights afterward. In the late 90's he would die of a heart attack. She sold this uniform to my buyer because she wanted to remember him for who he was as a husband, not for what he did in the agency of the KGB. Sadly his parade uniform was eaten by moths and was thrown away. The parade uniforms were mostly in motorized rifles red since the KGB often did not make public appearances in their own colors and would not be announced as KGB.

For further questions do not hesitate to ask! I will calculate appropriate shipping costs for all items to your location, please ask in advance.

Post subject: Re: Selling Soviet Russian KGB Captain Dress Uniform Set Complet
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:05 am 

Wow amazing! wish i had 350$ too spare.

Post subject: Re: Selling Soviet Russian KGB Captain Dress Uniform Set Complet
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:11 pm 

I actually sold this thing almost a year ago it feels, it's been awhile since I logged on here, sorry about that.