Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: WARNING! YOU MUST READ THIS! SCAM ALERT!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:20 pm 

SCAM ALERT: SPETSNAZ_OMON, SUREAGREEMENTS, and SUREAGREEMENTS_NEW.
Recently you may have noticed the rather pushy sales pitches by these three members over rare Russian memorabilia that is literally unattainable to some degree; items including an FSB K6-3 Helmet, Korund VSR Camouflage Bulletproof Vest, Red Dot Sights, Silencers, and BVD Airborne Afghanistan Vests.

This has been concluded to be a SPAM! And any users are warned NOT to accept ANY requests through these individuals as well as their email accounts; krinkov@hotmail.com and sureagreements@hotmail.com

Please REPORT any suspicious activity from new members to the administration, and punishment will be dealt out to the individuals.

For more detailed proof, here are some forum posts from sites such as AK Files Forum and Military Photos.net;

loner42

Anyone get any emails from this guy ?
I received a couple emails from a guy using an email addy called sureagreements.
He said his screename on the files is MILITARY_SELLER. When I did a search for it there was none. Anybody verify him ?
ENGLISH MIKE
Moderately Immoderate Moderator

Never mind

He's found & banned.

Trying his sales pitch before he's even a confirmed member AND he's in Spain....allegedly.

loner42

Yeah, he told me he was in Spain but had a brother in Russia and could get Russian Optics, mags, stock sets, SVD stuff, etc.
When I replied back to his second email he had blocked it.
j_tudeski

He doesn't use paypal, only "bank transfer"

Something about this email reminded me of those Nigerians who used to send me faxes at work. Somebody died and you inherited a mill. Send us your bank info and we'll send you your $.
Seadog

That sounds like one that I got but it had a different name

Here is some of it

From: sure agreements [mailto:sureagreements@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 7:22 AM
To: scott@gripsnstocks.com
Subject: MILITARY SELLER (OFFERT OF RUSSIAN ARMS ACCESORIES)

Hello,

My name is Diego Marcel Boutin Pulido I see you in the AK Files
forum and If you are interesting I can make you one good offert russian
military scopes, red dot and pieces of russian arms, I'm from Spain
(Madrid), I'm military, I'm soldier of the EZAPAC (Squadron of Parachutists
Sappers) I import military equiment from my brother that live in Russia but
don't have shop, I have experience in send equipment to Germany, Austria,
USA, Canada, etc...
SPIT66

I did actually receive the same mail. I did make some questions to him to check more, since I suspected that this is just "phishing e-mail" or some kind of "nigerian letter" scam.

It is interesting offer but the story behind it is strange. There are many lures to get you interested in the offer...

EZAPAC:
Within the Spanish Air Force lies a small, but highly trained group of elite special operations troops known as the Escadrilla de Zapadores Paracaidistas (Parachute Combat Engineer/Sapper Squadron), or EZAPAC. The squadron is a company sized force of approximately 300 troops that is trained in executing several types of missions.

If the guy is from these troops I think he has no time importing and exporting anything from russia....

I did request couple NV sights and he responded that he had only one and payment is not possible with paypal...
If he can import new stuff from Russia he should have unlimited supply of gear and surplus.

My last email was to him just to inquire if I can pick up the gear in person and pay in cash. No more emails from him...

This is to conclude the report, thank you and stay vigilant comrades!

Post subject: Re: WARNING! YOU MUST READ THIS! SCAM ALERT!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:28 pm 

I was already thinking something in this direction...

Post subject: Re: WARNING! YOU MUST READ THIS! SCAM ALERT!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:58 am 

Ill lock this thread pending contact from the members in question however if what is said here is true I doubt well have any contact

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies  [ 3 posts ]