Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: SVD?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:31 am 

Any suggestions for a good SVD that comes with a scope and bi pod? It has to at least have 500 fps. For bonus points, must have a wooden stock and forgrip.

My videos from exploring old, abandoned buildings. Comments are always welcomed.

Post subject: Re: SVD?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:48 pm 

I never screwed with the sniper rifles much in airsoft since you can go wrong really bad with purchasing some brands that they have out there... My best bet for you would to go for the top of the line that everyone talks about which is Classic Army and some other brand from China that sells their rifles for in the $400+ range.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:25 pm 

The Real Swords version is probably the best around at the moment. BUT... It's 810 USD with scope. And power is as "much" as 435 FPS.
It is the most realistic version out there. But I dunno if it is worth the money... Probably depends on if you can afford it or if you have to save a lot of cash.
I wouldn't have bought it. But that's my meaning.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:40 pm 

Real Sword that was the other brand!

They make the most top of the line you can get in terms of power and authenticity, and most skrims only allow up to 450 for sniper rifles and you cannot use them in CQC scenarios.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:23 pm 

True. The Real Swords version is also battery powered. I've seen many SVD's that's only spring "powered", they do output a decent enough amount of energy. A little bit over 400 FPS I believe. But those are the "modern" SVD version. Therefore without the wood furniture, just PBC plastic in black, if I remember right.
Yeah, the Cybergun version... Hmm, 415 FPS. Around 170 USD without scope. I dunno if you can actually use the scope mount though...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:33 am 

A&K sells spring powered SVDs, mine shoots at 530fps standard. It has the wooden handles from the '80s era
But most snipers cost money and unless its a wallhanger, this one will too.

If you buy a cheap sniper and expect to play seriously, you will always have to invest in such things as precision barrels etc.

The A&K has the addition problem that the rail isnt made to standard, and needs a bit of 'adjusting' (you need to file it to fit the scope)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:17 pm 

Mandos,

I have an ok sniper rifle Ares PGM (although i of course also wanted a Dragunov) but i find it hard to use die to constand bloody wind. I got 480 on it but airsoft sniper is normally effective 30-50 meteres comparing to normal airsoft assult rifles 30 meteres but because of the freaking wind my bb's keep going haywire after exactly those 30 meteres. So i find myself sticking to my AK instead of sniper as its kind of useless Sad

Alex

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:45 pm 

wind always has an effect on the trajectory of the BBs. Good news is they are experiencing the same problem. Bad news is that they can fire in salvo's and you fire single shots.
So yes, stick to AEGs when its windy and take the sniperrifle out to your game when it isnt.

There is very little you can do about it.