Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Recomendation for new Airsoft Rifle?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:14 am 

I am saving for a new Airsoft Rifle, because I dropped my old M 16 of unknown make (weirdly it doesn't have any brand, must be from china) down the stairs one week ago (Now gone because it broke in half, maybe it's made of weak plastic). While I still don't have the funds yet, I was wondering what Airsoft Rifle would you recommend? I am researching my new gun well this time, because I don't want it to break as easily as my past rifle. Since I started collecting Soviet and Russian gear and equipment lately, the rifle I am looking for is preferably an AK type, that resembles the real gun very closely (full metal with wood stock if possible, but I don't really mind if it has plastic too). Thank you for any suggestions you may provide! Very Happy

Post subject: Re: Recomendation for new Airsoft Rifle?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:44 am 

Get a CYMA CM.031, I have one myself and its a very close model of the AK-74, you can even fit the bayonet of an AK-74 to it. I have one that now has wooden furniture fitted and the gun is pretty hardwearing. Ive attached a photo of me using it further down. You can get one from RSOV at the link below:-

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=pr ... ct_id=1271

Although if you do get one, buy a Russian Army issue sling from us and throw away the sling that comes with the gun, theyre basically crap and you would be lucky if you got a full day use out of it before it snaps!

Attachments:
File comment: Im on the far right
as041.jpg
as041.jpg [ 43.72 KB | Viewed 3405 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:46 pm 

I checked the rifle you recommended out and it looked pretty good.(BTW your team in the picture you posted looked really cool, wish I could play with you guys sometime if not for the distance.) I'm leaning towards buying this one, as opposed to the other gun (JG Spetsnaz) that was recommended to me by my friends a while ago. They say it has good internals.

Here is a pic of the rifle

To me the JG Spetsnaz looks too fake. I don't even know if there is a real AK variant that looks like this, so I guess I'm gonna get the CYMA CM.031, which you recommended. I chose it because I like it's look and according to some guys I played with, also has excellent internals.

Thanks for the recommendation vityaz! I think I found my rifle here, and I'll make sure to get my sling here. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:09 pm 

The closest 'real world' weapon to the airsoft AK Spetsnaz series is the AKSU but thats pretty vastly different to the AK Spetsnaz. I forgot to mention that you can get a wooden furniture kit for the CM.031 from the same website I linked you to, and a good portion of the gun is metal, admittedly pot metal but real steel guns are expensive and also cost a lot to post! I dont think you can get a wooden pistol grip for this but you can get brown wood-look plastic ones from RSOV as well

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:39 am 

While searching around in a local airsoft website (http://www.aprilairsoft.com/), I found this rifle from Cyma as well.

It's a Cyma cm.042

What is your thoughts about this rifle? It seems pretty decent, but I'm not sure about it's internals. And about that wooden furniture kit for that Cyma cm.031, is it hard to attach?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:42 am 

The one you have posted here is about the same as the one I posted up in terms of performance, but the AK-74 is the one most used by the modern Russian Army. As for the wooden furniture kit, its pretty easy but id be happy enough to take you through it step by step if you need me to. Its really just a case of unscrewing the bolts on the plastic stock and sliding it off and then sliding on the wooden one and screwing it in, then screwing in the sling swivel. For the wooden foregrip you need to remove the muzzle brake and the sight assembly then slide off the retainer, unclip the plastic foregrip pieces and replace them with the wooden ones, then reverse the process of removing retainer, sight and muzzle brake. Took me about 15 minutes in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:31 am 

I'm going to go check out some shops here, and I'm going to check for the price difference of the cm.031 and cm.042. Damn I should really have researched my first rifle as well, cause it's a real waste of money. I'm also going to post the picture of the rifle I have chosen when I buy it here. Thanks for the help vityaz!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:07 pm 

no problems, what im here for!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:15 am 

I checked some airsoft shops out and both rifles seem to be in the same price range. I have a question though are there any aesthetic difference between the AK 47 and AK 74? If there is what are they,other than the smaller cartridge in the AK 74, are there any internal changes in the AK 74? Sorry for asking questions again, I was just wondering about this for a while. Thanks for any answers! (And thank you again for the help in finding and airsoft rifle, you helped lead me in the right path vityaz!) I'm really excited to buy my rifle soon! Very Happy

Last edited by gafrin on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:49 pm 

Hi
the AK-74 has the following aesthetic features the AK-47 doesnt
Groove in the stock
Fins on the foregrip
Prominent muzzle brake which the bayonet attaches too

There isnt any real difference in performance of the airsoft versions as they have the same gearbox.
Let me know if you need any more help