Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Russian NVG Goggles and MASKA-1 Helmets, etc.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:15 pm 

Okay, so since we can't get the body armor just yet, and all of the ones I am coming across online are either $700.00 or $200.00 with crap shipping low feedback and no titanium inserts, I was hoping we could get some good ol' NVG goggles that the Russian marines and special forces use, the two port versions with the box that usually affixes to your helmet, the scopes kind of look like SVD scopes from what I can tell.

On top of that, I was hoping we could get some of those new MASKA-1 Helmets and the other variants that have different face shields, but I am unsure if you would be able to sell those at a reasonable price for memorabilia collectors since the ones I've seen so far range in the quadruple digits, such as one I saw on sale for $1,559.95 with free shipping (gee wonder why...). But it would still be a nice variant to have on sale for people looking for something outside the box of the SEFRA or Steel helmet series.

I still want to bring up the whole body armor thing though, I can easily see these filling up profits very quickly since I know they are going down in price recently since a lot of eBayers are just flat out not giving in to the high prices we've seen, so if you do get a hold of those different models, I can easily see you guys selling them quickly, just keep those plates in them! But I realize these are difficult to get, so if these are still out of jurisdiction then feel free to shuffle that idea aside.

On another note, I've seen these Makarov holsters that allow the user to slide the sidearm through the holster, cocking the slide, arming the hammer, and taking safety off while cambering the first round, I forget their model code, but those would be hot sellers also, I personally would by one myself, even though I'm still working on getting a Mak myself... (Damn gun laws require you to be 21 to buy handguns but rifles and AK's are 18 years of age only...).

And finally, I wanted to bring up the topic of expanding your horizons on different nearby countries' equipment, mainly their camo patterns and unique items such as helmets and other high value collectibles, just so you know you'll make a profit off of it and sell plenty of them. Flecktarn mainly, I have searched far and wide for Flecktarn and eventually had to have a friend in Germany send me some since the sellers here either don't ever answer your PM's or just flat out never send the item period. Other than German patterns, we would always like British DPM uniforms and some new stuff from Ukraine if you can get it, that should be it, let me know if I hit any marks you guys might think will work for your store!