Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Gear load out
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:44 pm 

Hello comrades!

I am back (I moved) and I have yet more questions for you! I am trying to find a proper load-out that will fit my needs while still being Russian and doesn't make me look like a tard. I am having a hard time envisioning certain gear with other gear.

I live in Florida now, the forests are lush and perfect for FLORA Camo, so I want to pick up a set from here. I will also be picking up a set of tactical gloves from here as well. I am having trouble picking out a set of comfortable boots that will go with the uniform. I am also wondering, since I am getting FLORA cammo, should my tac vest be OD green or go with black? Also, you guys helped me locate that helmet I was looking at, I am not sure if I should get that black or in green as well. I am also looking into tactical knee pads and elbow pads and don't know what color they should be. I am trying to keep a Russian look.

I am going with the tac vest here: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... s_id=11683 because its cheap and has AK-47 mag pouches with MOLLE so I can use a hydration pack. Not really sure what else I should be looking for.

**Edit**

I just got my eyes on a type of camo I loooove and I was wondering if this would be good for Florida's forests or forests in general it's called M21 and I saw it here: http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/m21_bdu.htm is that the same as http://www.sovietarmystuff.com/Product_ ... A_BDU.html

Post subject: Re: Gear load out
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:31 am 

The camo is similar but not exactly the same

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:23 pm 

What you have right now would make you out to be what the Russians call; 'Typical Strykballer.' And it's not an impressive title to carry around, I'm just being blunt with you.

Half of this stuff you posted isn't even Russian, the TTsKO uniform, cap, and commercial V95 vest is Ukrainian pattern.

If you want something Russian that can be modern or Soviet and anywhere in between really. Keep it stupid simple. KLMK Jumpsuit (You can find them everywhere for cheap now), maybe KZS suit for when it becomes arid, you can wear both without anything underneath depending on temperature. Otherwise you can put on VSR or FLORA camouflage uniform, it will be fine that way. As for rigs, the Lifchik works just fine (the standard Olive/Tan coloration with leather straps and brass pins), and maybe a FLORA RD-54 if you need a simple pack and additional mag/grenade pouch. Gloves you can use anything if you are going for infantry look or MVD infantry, fingerless, leather, etc. Just make sure it's at least seen in one or two photos online. Boots, the typical lace up are fine, Russian Federation versions are kind of hard to find but Soviet ones in leather are OK. Jack boots would be good too.

Besides winter weather gear, that's all you would need for a basic and cheap kit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:40 pm 

Taurus wrote:
What you have right now would make you out to be what the Russians call; 'Typical Strykballer.' And it's not an impressive title to carry around, I'm just being blunt with you.

Half of this stuff you posted isn't even Russian, the TTsKO uniform, cap, and commercial V95 vest is Ukrainian pattern.

If you want something Russian that can be modern or Soviet and anywhere in between really. Keep it stupid simple. KLMK Jumpsuit (You can find them everywhere for cheap now), maybe KZS suit for when it becomes arid, you can wear both without anything underneath depending on temperature. Otherwise you can put on VSR or FLORA camouflage uniform, it will be fine that way. As for rigs, the Lifchik works just fine (the standard Olive/Tan coloration with leather straps and brass pins), and maybe a FLORA RD-54 if you need a simple pack and additional mag/grenade pouch. Gloves you can use anything if you are going for infantry look or MVD infantry, fingerless, leather, etc. Just make sure it's at least seen in one or two photos online. Boots, the typical lace up are fine, Russian Federation versions are kind of hard to find but Soviet ones in leather are OK. Jack boots would be good too.

Besides winter weather gear, that's all you would need for a basic and cheap kit.

No that's totally fine, that's why I always ask the veterans first. I suppose I should say I am not looking for a "Soviet" style set-up. I'm actually looking for a modern Russian federation set-up. I'm not very sure what they use because I have seen multiple pictures/video of the modern day Russian military utilizing more American/europe load-outs, I could be horribly wrong.

I do not play in the winter, I am usually busy around this time (Everyone's computer seems to break) so I really only play in the summer. I will follow your advise with the FLORA camouflage. Would the FLORA assault vest sold here be a suitable substitute to a lifchik? If not I can probably find one. I probably wont go with the hydration unit, I probably just need to shed a few pounds and get over it! I'll just get the gloves from here and the boots from here, this way I can blame vlad if I get called a Strykballer Twisted Evil

Which brings me to the other equipment. Knee pads and elbow pads, do the Russian military/Special Forces even use them? If not, then I wont buy them. If they do, what color and style? Seems like a very light load-out which is great! Thanks again Taurus and Vityaz!

**Edit**

Also Taurus what is your opinion on Digi Flora? and if you were going to a game in the type of forests we have, what kind of camo would you personally use? KLMK or FLORA?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:24 pm 

KLMK is awesome + the crap hole can be handy Smile I can not comment on how digi FLORA would fit in your part of woods but i have a set and it comes with standard 4 mag vest with some grenade pouches and i am pretty happy using it in UK with my AK (lol).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:55 pm 

Will for starters, knee pads and elbow pads were seen off and on in Russian Special forces, and they varied from Russian brands like SRVV and some generic stuff made in old factories, to old USGI Woodland stuff, it is very random. But most only used it if it was absolutely practical, they would not want such things if it would just be added nuisance for their objectives. Many Russian soldiers have not used any protection like that until recently due to the economic crisis involved in equipping each soldier with necessary uniforms and gear.

As for digital FLORA, it is not popular among special forces, recon seems to enjoy the all seasons sets though I cannot identify the model. And of course regular infantry and probably MVD infantry use the regular cut Digital FLORA uniforms. As for effectiveness in Florida during the summer, I imagine it would be a bit too dark, but it is completely invisible to NVG so if you need it for that it will work great. If not just throw a KLMK suit over it, they still use them today so it's not a retired Soviet item.

But again about the V95, if you just want it for airsoft it is fine, but for actual impressions/reenactments for modern troops, they were not seen in use. Some basic soldiers would just go with standard web belt and the 4 cell magazine pouch to keep things light and simple.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:47 pm 

Quote:
KLMK is awesome + the crap hole can be handy I can not comment on how digi FLORA would fit in your part of woods but i have a set and it comes with standard 4 mag vest with some grenade pouches and i am pretty happy using it in UK with my AK (lol).

lol thanks Alex

Quote:
most only used it if it was absolutely practical, they would not want such things if it would just be added nuisance for their objectives. Many Russian soldiers have not used any protection like that until recently due to the economic crisis involved in equipping each soldier with necessary uniforms and gear.

As for digital FLORA, it is not popular among special forces, recon seems to enjoy the all seasons sets though I cannot identify the model. And of course regular infantry and probably MVD infantry use the regular cut Digital FLORA uniforms. As for effectiveness in Florida during the summer, I imagine it would be a bit too dark, but it is completely invisible to NVG so if you need it for that it will work great. If not just throw a KLMK suit over it, they still use them today so it's not a retired Soviet item.

But again about the V95, if you just want it for airsoft it is fine, but for actual impressions/reenactments for modern troops, they were not seen in use. Some basic soldiers would just go with standard web belt and the 4 cell magazine pouch to keep things light and simple.

Awesome thanks! Yea it's difficult to find what I am looking for, I just recently started to look at photo's from the Russian-Georgian war to see what I can find. It looks like its really mix and match. Some soldiers just wore a web belt like you said, others wore FLAK vests and other vests I could not recognize. I still don't want to run around like an idiot with gear never seen or used.

Take a look at this picture during the 2008 conflict http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YYMeAu4i7gA/TDxdv5X3REI/AAAAAAAAIIo/GueUgctbh5Q/s1600/russian-georgian-war-2008-ossetian-war-008.jpg

Those are generic knee pads, and what looks to be different helmets buts I could be wrong. They are also wearing a tac vest I cannot find. I found this interesting forum, If you scroll down you can see better pictures. Looks like some use web belts, lifchik's. This is basically the set-up I am looking for. http://hotshots.forumfree.it/?t=59909965

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I'll continue to look for some information.

**Edit**

Looks like the M32 is also a good substitute. Hard to find it in FLORA though. Either way, I think I will just be going with that is here, might as well support the Vlad and the community. It's looking like knee pads are an on/off thing.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:18 pm 

6B27 Helmet (FLORA Cover and some Butan Cover; probably Ukrainian since Soviet TTsKO went out of production in the 90's)

6B23 Vest in FLORA

6sh92 Vest

(All above items are part of the Barmica system)

KLMK Oversuit

FLORA BDU's

Russian Federation boots

AK-74M model rifles.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:56 am 

Who needs google when you got Taurus? Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:16 pm 

He's the Taurus which pulls our Airsoft-wagon. Cool