Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Some photo's of me(in various...)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:05 pm 

I am an airsofter, have been for several years now.
When I strated out I didnt know much about it, what I did know was that I wanted an AK. Then I got another and another, etc Laughing

I quickly got into reenactsoft, first as a US army soldier as they operate in Iraq. But I also discovered that ACU is one of the worst camouflage types around. It only works as long distance where it the pixelation is supposed to mislead your eyes. People saw me sitting in bushes without me even moving.
On top of that, the US type camo was being overused(still is actually) so I dropped the whole US loadout and switched to Russian style.

One of the first camo's I bought was Flora, which really works wonders in a forest
Friend of mine passed by at 5m while I was standing in the bushes, he heard something and looked but later told me he didnt see me and I wasnt even hiding Laughing One of my favourite camo's ever since

Helmet, helmetcover, flora jacket and pants all came from Soviet Army Stuff btw, bought a second set later on

Then I wanted one of those classic pieces, a KLMK coverall, which Soviet Army Stuff supplied me with. I was a bit worried about sizes but it worked out great as you can see here
The KLMK coverall, liftchik and panamahat all came from your shop
The boots are rare now, Officerboots from the afghanistan era.

Next to Russian/Soviet outfits I still do WW2 outfits
Mostly German army, although I have also acquired an ROA(Russian Liberation Army) uniform by now
Thats the only photo I have of myself in WW2 gear, I'll try to make some more when I have the opportunity.

the rifle in the top pictures is this one
VFC AKS74

and this is the German rifle
AGM MP44, aged to look a bit more realistic

and now that I am here I might aswell ask, did paratroopers wear KLMKs in or during the Afghanistan war?

Post subject: Re: Some photo's of me(in various...)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:03 pm 

That's some pretty neat gear you got there. xD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:48 pm 

Awesome gears mate,

Love you AK, can you give few more details on what you got on it? I also fell completely in love with Flora which is a perfect match for UK woodland. There is a picture of me with PPsH just below in digi flora. I of course ordered flora for my AK but that was my first day with ARES PPsH (your mp44 is ARES as well or am i mistaken? ) so the picture was taken in it. Got to admit 2k drum mag is a lot of fun Smile
Here is a pic of my AK >

Attachments:
DSC03268.jpg
DSC03268.jpg [ 1003.21 KB | Viewed 2076 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:49 pm 

Sorry for giant picture zzs Sad

edit: also properly read your message about AGM mp44 so ignore my question if it is ARES. I am pretty sure they used KLMK during Afgan (at least i think i saw some pictures of it) which is weird because i doubt there any berezka/birch trees there. All i know it was originally based on WW2 German camo and i currently awaiting for a set which i think would suit my PPsH best. Well that until my WW2 Soviet uniform arrives Smile

P.S. Vlad would know for sure where KLMK was used Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:14 pm 

There were green zones in Afghanistan and this coverall can be worn over a uniform, so its possible.

On the AK, I got a POSP 4x24T scope. I dont use it very often though, depends on what role I take in the field. I usually play with iron sights only(as it should be Smile)

The MP44 is an AGM, yes. Its the only brand atm that makes those. But they are good guns. If you have no FPS restrictions, they'll shoot at 420fps out-of-box. Otherwise you have to downgrade(and I had to downgrade, only a few places here allow 350+ fps values).

And I have an Ares PPsh41 aswell, but I found the drummag bulky, putting too much weight to the front end of the gun so as soon as they were available at RedWolf, I ordered a few bananamags xD I never empty my hicaps anyway
Now its perfect =D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:26 pm 

Mandos,

Yea i got a banana mag as well for PPsH and loved the fat wind up wheel on it (hate those tiny ones on AK mags, cant feel it through the glove) but, to my experience drummags were very good and they suck up all of 2k bbs i put inside,not a single bb left after it clicks! It has rather slow rate of fire because of the blowback but i found it much lighter and more fun to use than support machineguns, and with 2k mag thats what it is for me, a support Smile

Alex

P.S. Did you try Magpul Beta Project AK Mags? They are awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:55 pm 

What were you doing when you made that AK look like that..?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:51 am 

Ive seen pictures ok KLMK and KZS in use in Afganistan. Good photos there guys!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:55 am 

Used by Paratroopers and/or spetsnaz?

@AlexUK; Too modern :O. I dont do anything modern. All my magazines are old style simple brown or black(VFC stopped making brown ones, the AK up there is a VFC).
What kind of battery do you use? because I get the same rate with the PPsh as I get with my other AEGs with a 9.6v

I still love my RPK though, it shoots more accurate, farther and faster than most other AEGs xD. I dont care about the weight, after you've used the StG you can handle most AEGs save the very heavy ones(and then we are talking M249, M60 etc)

Another picture, since this is the gallery xD

With a Soviet Army Stuff sling =D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:52 pm 

KLMK and KZS were used by Infantry in Afghanistan, and KLMK was popular with airborne troops and KZS was as well.

Spetsnaz used Mabuta uniforms and regular Afghankas.

KGB Alfa used Afghankas and had interesting twists with their equipment, like making an AK bandoleer from 3 cell mag pouches and a belt or strap.