Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Post subject: Re: Digital Flora Camo
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:05 pm 

GabrielMK3 wrote:
Hm... Isn't it possible to add some sort of document, verifying what it is?
But I do understand the customs paranoia. In Norway, there's been several cases now of "stealth shipping" of real weapons, which wasn't even looked at in the customs, so I guess they'll tighten the belt.

I've tried regular flora for a while, though the winter uniform that I got from here. Works quite well in the Norwegian forest. That's why I'm looking forward to (some time in the future) test a proper digi flora kit.
Whoa, 3-4 KIAs? Guess they didn't see that coming... Cool

Lol, Autobot :L Well, the M79 seems like a good alternative. Reloading the primary, when you meet someone on the edge of the corner, and BLAM, M79 did it's job, hah. Alex, is the store opening up this month? I am really looking forward to see the finished product!

Hey Gab,

Yea nearly there just waiting for the damn gateway now. We already got quite a lot of people coming in but it is cash only for now. And regarding digital flora I like it a lot but I want to try Surpat now. It is looking good but I was advised to get it directly from Survival Corps (as in go to their shop near Moscow) because they got some funny way of sizing it so it will have to wait until end of summer. I'm looking forward to war and peace this Saturday.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:59 pm 

Ach, I see. I've visited the page a couple of times. I got one of Norway's best Information Technology-experts on my hot dial, tell me if your webteam needs assistance. I've just returned from my Murmansk-tour a couple of hours ago. Got my hands on some digital FLORA, interesting design and a bit better quality than the older FLORA summer BDUs from the mid 2000s, I think. I'll be looking into SurPat as well now, as I finish the digital FLORA.
How was War and Peace? And what is it? Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:39 pm 

Hey mate,

Been a while but crazy busy over here Smile War and Peace is something special that happens once a year in UK >>> http://www.thewarandpeacerevival.co.uk/

I will be in touch soon, until then here is my latest AK count >>>

Attachments:
AKs.jpg
AKs.jpg [ 85.32 KB | Viewed 511 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:15 pm 

Ah, yes, I have heard about this event. Forgot the name of it, though.. Embarassed

How was it?

I've tested digital flora as workwear for the last week, as I have assisted construction of a family member's house. Very practical clothing, I must say!
But I am not impressed by the camouflage capabilities of the "digital flora" in the Norwegian forest. I will upload some pictures later.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:08 am 

The fabric is Chinese sadly... So that will explain some issues with the texture and possible durability problems long term. And the pattern works extremely well against modern Night Vision devices, it doesn't reflect AT ALL, which is huge. Although, as you said, the effectiveness of the pattern in the environment is very debatable. Some say the pixels are too small causing it to create a kind of, 'dirty ranger green,' solid coloration at a distance. Preventing it from being very effective against direct visuals from enemy combatants. But as we all know; solid neutral colors work very well for disguising from peripheral vision.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:47 pm 

Ach, I was afraid of that. The Chinese production shines through. Some mentioned that some digital flora was made by NPO-SM in St. Peterburg, but that's not what the troops officially wear?
I tested the gear with an older Gen 1 nightvision. Worked like a charm. Surprisingly good.

I've noticed the solid colouration, and in one way, it actually does work pretty good disguising from peripheral vision.

I have not been able to test the flora in the Norwegian forest, yet, with my camera, that is. But I will try to take some pictures ASAP.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:03 pm 

Nah, no reliable sources exist to show NPO-SM making digital flora uniforms for troops. They are more specialized in their own patterns that they've developed; Reed and Urban Reed (They also created the infamous SMK pattern). Besides that they are big on the development of police gear and armor vests. They also have been developing impressive bomb disposal units that are used for when an IED has to be set off and cannot be disarmed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:50 pm 

Finally went live a few weeks ago, it is been good so far Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:05 am 

Absolutely neat! I wish your business prosperity. Very Happy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24