Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Camouflage Variation Suggestions
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:01 pm 

Hello, I would like to formally suggest the acquisition of these camouflage uniforms (if at all possible), to Soviet Army Stuff. I based these off of customer demand that I have seen prominently resonating from eBay auctions and forum posts in other military forums (I've been spying);

Flecktar Camouflage (Russian Variant of Flecktarn)

Flecktarn-D (Russian Variant of Flecktar)

Kamysh - Russian Reed Camouflage (Russian Tiger Stripe)

Digital FLORA (New Digital Pattern Uniforms)

CIFRA (Digital TTSKO Variant - Or so it seems)

Special Forces Day-Night Camouflage (Russian Special Forces Urban Variant)

Requests from foreign countries, if at all possible:

Polish Metro Camouflage (Urban Flecktarn)

Tibetan Flecktarn (Chinese Plateau Flecktarn Camouflage - Brown Flecktarn)

And now of course, on to the equipment that I have seen in extremely high demand!!!

Afghanistan Issue Body Armor - 6B2 and 6B3

New Issue Body Armor - KAZAK-6 and 6B11 and above.

MASKA-1 - Variant with plate glass visor instead of ancient knight looking peep hole variant.

Titanium Plates and Ceramics for Body Armor variants.

And finally, I have seen a huge spark in desire for KLMK Face Masks and Berets that were issued in the beginning of the Afghanistan conflict.

Let me know what you all think!

Post subject: Re: Camouflage Variation Suggestions
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:34 pm 

Taurus wrote:
And finally, I have seen a huge spark in desire for KLMK Face Masks and Berets that were issued in the beginning of the Afghanistan conflict.

You sure it's not just you campaigning for that KLMK Mask? XD I'm just messing with you. It sounds good. But I wouldn't take my opinion into account seeing as I've never bought from this site yet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:08 pm 

Some of those camo patterns we normally keep any way such as flecktarn and flectar-d. Some of the other stuff like digital patterns are only available inside Russia at the moment. The 6b3 vests are rare at the moment. As for the body armour and maska's, they are pretty expensive so I dont think Vlad can afford to stock them on the offchance of selling them, the last time he did that people had been asking for ages and then nobody bought when he did get them. The Chinese tibetarn camo I know sources for so ill mention it to the boss, as for Polish stuff, putting Polish and Soviet together is a bit touchy still!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:20 am 

vityaz wrote:
Some of those camo patterns we normally keep any way such as flecktarn and flectar-d. Some of the other stuff like digital patterns are only available inside Russia at the moment. The 6b3 vests are rare at the moment. As for the body armour and maska's, they are pretty expensive so I dont think Vlad can afford to stock them on the offchance of selling them, the last time he did that people had been asking for ages and then nobody bought when he did get them. The Chinese tibetarn camo I know sources for so ill mention it to the boss, as for Polish stuff, putting Polish and Soviet together is a bit touchy still!!!

Ahh awesome! I'll need to get some of that Flecktar-D sometime, I was very pleased with the developmental pattern, it looked like KLMK Flecktarn to me, I'll ask Vlad about that when I place my next order here in a few weeks.

That's unfortunate about the digital pattern, I saw that ussronline has some.

So what happened to the equipment that Vlad didn't sell then? Does he still have any? And how expensive were they? Also, I noticed that Russia are replacing the MASKA already with a lightweight Kevlar model, do you think the prices will drop when they replace them completely?

I've seen some people online selling the 6B3's and 6B2's, I bought a 6B2 myself and I'm almost finished with an Afghanistan uniform set, they were sold to me for as little as $200.00, do you think that's something we can do?

Ahh, I really hope we can get that Metro Camouflage, it would be a HUGE seller. I really hope Poland gets through this trouble okay though... Are they still kind of iffy about Russia? Cause I heard they were really close in their time of need.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:30 am 

I asked about the vests a while ago but it seems to be no go. One of our competitors has them but from what ive heard about this competitor on the Red Alliance forum dealing with them is kind of like sticking your head into an alligators mouth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:34 am 

Yeah I can see that.

So what about the MASKAS? What happened to the ones Vlad had? And how much were they? Cause if I can special order one I definitely will if it is possible...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:32 pm 

vityaz wrote:
I asked about the vests a while ago but it seems to be no go. One of our competitors has them but from what ive heard about this competitor on the Red Alliance forum dealing with them is kind of like sticking your head into an alligators mouth

Are they not reliable or something?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:45 pm 

Flapjack wrote:
vityaz wrote:

Well I think I know which one he is talking about, I dealt with them as well as quite a few other competitors before I found my loyalty here at Soviet Army Stuff.

The one he is referencing says they have variations of the 6B3 armor and that it is the 'latest production,' when in truth that is probably one of the oldest vests made by Soviet Russia during the Afghanistan conflict aside from the 6B2. He also states he has three different models, but only lists one, if you want one with Kevlar you have to specify, and he charges that one for $500.00 plus increased shipping, and if you want the plates that go with it, he charges $900.00+ with doubled shipping. If you don't specify, you spend $300.00 on an empty vest without any carriers even, so it's like an expensive airsoft vest with a lackluster finesse. And if you complain about this or try to do a refund transaction, he will ultimately use 'eBay buyer vagueness,' as an excuse and eventually get off Scott free while you have to deal with PayPal thinking you tried to screw a valued Western Bid affiliate. At least that's what I've heard in correspondence to that particular item.

The troubles I personally faced with this individual was that my gas mask I had purchased was in bad shape and came with a size that I did not indicate when purchasing the item. There was also not a carrying bag to be found, no anti-fog inserts, and some rustled and torn open filters that obviously were of no use since they had been unsealed for a good deal of time sitting in all of that chalk and warehouse dust.

But that's all I will say on that subject... If you come across a competitor that you are curious about I would ask on here first... I've dealt with just about all of them and some are good and some are bad, some we are even friends with from what I can understand, so it's difficult to tell from their feedback score and so forth, it's much easier just to ask the clientele.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:49 pm 

the particular competitor in question has a website that is almost an exact copy of ours, an ebay store with a name that is one word different from ours (so people could easily confuse us with them) and he sells a lot of items as genuine when they are about as genuine as I am Chinese

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:08 pm 

Flapjack wrote:
vityaz wrote:

70% of the time you don't get what you asked for with this specific competitor.