Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Idiot drivers who will kill somebody one day
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:54 am 

Sorry to rant here!
I dont know how the law works in other countries but here we have what are called pelican crossings which are indicated by black and white stripes on the road and yellow flashing beacons atop black and white striped poles. The law here says that if a pedestrian is on one of these crossings then any vehicles approaching them must stop, however we seem to have a lot of people who seem to think this doesnt apply to them. Afternearly having myself and my four year old son run over by such drivers ive started videoing them and posting the videos online. Have some links:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGkIAU4j3YY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FDRgs_LXS0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa3qSPc-YjY

Post subject: Re: Idiot drivers who will kill somebody one day
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:27 pm 

I certainly agree with you!

We got the same rules here in Norway, and literally no one gives a "#¤% about stopping!

One day, this lad came along in about 100 km/h in a 30 zone. Instantly killed the chap peacefully walking over the crossing, minding his own business and expressing his rights in the traffic.
This was 4 meters away from my workplace, where thousands of kids walk by to the school not so far away.

Myself I've nearly been hit many times, so has my colleagues and friends. I once nearly kicked the crap out of a fancy-ass Audi which was some inches away from taking two of my colleagues away from earth...

Keep up the filming!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:16 am 

I have a box of caltrops here and there is an enormous temptation to keep a handful in my pockets to throw into the road in front of these vehicles when it looks like theyre not about to stop!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:05 am 

In the state of Arkansas it is state law to stop for pedestrians on crosswalks be it in a school zone or otherwise. The ones at the University of Arkansas has flashing lights on them as well, and generally people obey these regulations due to the high volume of campus police patrolling the areas. That and our law enforcement for NWA (Northwest Arkansas) are top notch at charging people with crimes that involve the lack of road safety.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:58 pm 

vityaz wrote:
I have a box of caltrops here and there is an enormous temptation to keep a handful in my pockets to throw into the road in front of these vehicles when it looks like theyre not about to stop!

I agree on you here, lol. But seriously; them drivers are very dangerous. A box of caltrops sounds like a good idea, almost. There should be some way to stop them legally. I remember this Somali-taxidriver just drove over this 90-ish year old woman in over 100 km/h (confirmed by Police) in an urban area with a limit of 30/40 km/h. He drove over her so fast that his tyre bursted. Only thing that happened to him was that he lost his license and taxi-license...

Taurus wrote:
In the state of Arkansas it is state law to stop for pedestrians on crosswalks be it in a school zone or otherwise. The ones at the University of Arkansas has flashing lights on them as well, and generally people obey these regulations due to the high volume of campus police patrolling the areas. That and our law enforcement for NWA (Northwest Arkansas) are top notch at charging people with crimes that involve the lack of road safety.

It's good to hear that they're smashing down like this. Though I see how it might affect unlucky individuals. In Norway, they barely have controls. The police cannot bear weapons, and the fire brigade have firetrucks from the 50's-70's...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:25 am 

Quote:
It's good to hear that they're smashing down like this. Though I see how it might affect unlucky individuals. In Norway, they barely have controls. The police cannot bear weapons, and the fire brigade have firetrucks from the 50's-70's...

Man thats a tough one, I thought all the mainland European police forces packed a weapon! I noticed when I was in Germany that the drivers were exceptionally courteous and stopped for crossings and amber lights etc. And then I came back here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o957rzLP4xg

(This is the latest)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:34 pm 

vityaz wrote:
Quote:

Man thats a tough one, I thought all the mainland European police forces packed a weapon! I noticed when I was in Germany that the drivers were exceptionally courteous and stopped for crossings and amber lights etc. And then I came back here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o957rzLP4xg

(This is the latest)

Germany is really improving. When I spoke with the Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Relations and the King, I laughed loudly when they talked about Norway being the best country and blah blah - I guess I'm happy to be a diplomat with diplomatic ties... lol

But, no, the Police ain't allowed to carry firearms. They are equipped with pepperspray and nightsticks. The policy is "If we don't carry firearms, the bad guys won't need to either"...
They never involve themselves in gang-stuff, so I recall a lot of stabbings and such taking place. I once got hit in the head several times by a Policeman once, because I filmed a friend of mine doing something (I don't remember anymore...) and the Policeman thought I filmed him. And that's mostly all they do...
They like to strike poor people who haven't really done anything bad, like searching mechanics and plumbers for "weapons" because they know they carry some tools from work - just to be @£$@£holes and give tickets or time in prison to random people. The worst thing is that they are "proud of protecting the people against such threats!".

Here you can see how most of the firetrucks outside the big cities look like (big cities: Stavanger, Bergen, Oslo, Kristiansand and Trondheim) :: http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/arti ... d=10071579

I'm really offensive towards bastard-drivers. Once, my old man and I was driving from a friend of the family, when we hit the highway in 100 km/h, the speed limit, this 18 m long bus pulled out in the right lane, we were in the left, and suddenly and SUV with a horse-transport carrier pulled out behind the bus and drove past us in the left lane, under half a meter away from crashing into us, which would've made the bus, the SUV+carrier and me spin out and create one helluva chain-reaction. And of course, it was this 28 year old bitch with an expensive designer jacket, which was smoking (putting down ash through the window) while talking in a cellphone.

Once I was driving with a colleague of mine, and this extremely aggressive bus did the same as the girl in the SUV, drove right past us with about a meter of space, and then he got back to the right lane (for slow speeds) - without a reason, just aggressive for "the fun of it", so we speeded up to the speedlimit of the road, in case we were driving "too slow", we pass the bus, and then the crazy bastard went up the the bus's max speed, because of some odd reason, and drove past us again, this time EVEN CLOSER!!! And then put himself in the right lane again, just to flex muscles and provoke. We, again, trying to drive away from the bastard so that none would get killed, speeded up to get the hell out of there. Suddenly, we see him pulling out into the left lane again, behind us, and then he turns on his 5 sets (x2) of long distance lights - this was in the middle of the night, so our eyes had adapted the low lighting, but this lit up the whole highway in about a kilometer and all the farmlands one the sides. My eyes hurt like hell, and the bus (with passenger BTW) started speeding up, and we understood that he was trying to kill us or at least "have some fun", so, with our rather old car, barely went faster than the bus, we were in over 160 km/h and the bus was now only a few inches behind us. Luckily we made it out alive after the turbo suddenly kicked in, screaming (I should replace it...), and we went over 200 (though the speed limit is 100) so we got out alive since the bus couldn't squeeze more power out of it's engine.

I should've been driving my Niva, when I could just have slowed down so the bus had been pushing me, thanks to the Niva's bumpers (which a buddy of mine drove down trees with........)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:08 am 

Quote:
The policy is "If we don't carry firearms, the bad guys won't need to either"...

Yeah, that policy has worked so well in the UK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:58 pm 

vityaz wrote:
Quote:
The policy is "If we don't carry firearms, the bad guys won't need to either"...

Yeah, that policy has worked so well in the UK

Surprise surprise... It's worked like "okay" in Norway, but the Police even says that they're just miserable. lol...

It's starting to tear up now, since people want to steal more money, even though they get from the state.... Greed - ach!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:36 am 

Another one yesterday:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_HnLPC_abQ