Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hello, Im a new kid.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:42 am 

Never said it would actually happen, but I'm positive that the nuclear arms would never reach a centralized area in either country unless someone seriously fucks up in the defense department. Both countries have anti-ballistics systems using missile base builds and both have done extensive work on laser based anti-missile systems. Boeing in particular, the Russian company doesn't reveal its name but there have been many mobile platforms in their arms exhibits that show they have serious interest in it as well.

Fallout is another story, radioactive dust and particles would swarm throughout the Earth's atmosphere without bounds nearly corrupting the entire face of the planet if they were used in full scale war. So that whole idea of nuclear warfare is stupid for that matter, you might as well obliterate every country if you decide to use that type of warfare.

But if you think the threat of the U.S. and Russia going to war is still part of the cold war, you'd be surprised, Russia isn't going to stand around while the U.S. tries to expand their defensive borders into European territory where they rightfully do not belong; http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/no ... ile-shield

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:05 am 

Wow Tauras, I wish I knew as much as you. I must ask what might seem as a stupid question, if another World War broke out, with many variables such as North Korea and the Middle East and all of the other issues concerning everything, what would Russia do if it got involved? Support a more American/NATO side or join the Middle East or Korea or whoever poses as a major threat for the bad? Also, have you gotten a dog tag from SAStuff.com?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:40 am 

I think Russia would have to, and if given the choice they would be more likely to be seen pair up with the countries in Southern Asia and Eastern Europe. Not sure if North Korea would be a promising ally, but China, Hungary, Bulgaria, Poland, Romania, all of those countries would most likely help Russia combat the U.S. and its NATO allies. It's unfortunate to say but if another world war broke out it's almost certain that we would be considered the aggressors given our current perception with the other countries out there... And as for your next question which would be to assume who would win? Almost positive it wouldn't be us... Not since the Civil War have we ever had to fight any major conflict on our home turf. It's not designed for it, hell you could use Google maps to find out key weak points. Dams, water supplies, nuclear reactors, business archives and such, they could plot missile targets from their home computer and not even have to worry about the logistics. And given our current economic infrastructure's instability and how spread out much of our major military forces are, one pincer movement to cut them off from getting home through the Navy and they are decimated in weeks.

Russia has been in war since the Soviet Afghanistan conflict in the late 70's, they have more combat experience than we could ever get in our current war in Afghanistan with all the non-human fighting methods we use. And all it takes is one purified hydrogen bomb, or one EMP to bring down all of the technology we swear our military on to put us in the dark. Russia still to this day depends on brute strength and no-more no-less technology that is incredibly dependable and effective.

But of course this is only my opinion, and that's coming from someone who's only been awake for roughly an hour and a half, so if any information needs to be added then I would welcome it so long as we don't get into a heated discussion over who would win the next cold war.

Oh and no I haven't bought one from here yet, I have an old dog tag that was hand made for a Soviet mil-sim event that I use for Afghanistan war impressions, and I only do modern special forces combat impressions, so no need for one there.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:14 am 

Well you might have read earlier that I plan on becoming a Russian fighter pilot, as a matter of fact we talked about it. I enjoy talking to you about this stuff. I turn 19 in July and if you know anything about teens the fad is the 2012 apocalypse, zombies and a bunch of sparkly vampires. I am in no way affiliated with those ideas, (exept zombies) but thats all everyone seems to know about these days which is why I enjoy as well as appreciate talking to you about this stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:38 pm 

I agree with your EMP idea, Taurus. Getting an strong EMP into the atmosphere for space could happen.

Without electrical power, I think the US would have it more difficult than Russia.

The zombie thing is most likely not going to happen. Creating a cerium that would develop something like a zombie, would be even more difficult than making a cure to cancer.

An interesting discussion indeed. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:52 pm 

I doubt the EMP would be a problem with the US Armed Forces. You know EMP shielding and all. I'm sure any first world military force worth their salt should be smart enough to have EMP shielding.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:32 pm 

You'd be surprised, here's a quote from an information source that pondered the same question, what the documents they found proved was this;

'To answer the specific question of the OP, it depends upon the application. Military electronic hardware, save for acceptable commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) components, area built to specific interface standards like MIL-STD-464 (Electromagnetic Effects Requirements for Systems), MIL-STD-461 (Requirements for the Control of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment), and MIL-STD-2169 (Classified) (High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse Environment). The latter is probably most pertinent to the question, and for obvious reasons unavailable to the public at large. However, the ugly truth about high altitude EMP is that no amount of shielding, save being buried deep under hundreds of feet of rock or dirt, is really adequate to protect sensitive microelectronics. By their nature, the electronics are delicate and sensitive to small levels of excess voltage, and it is nearly impossible to make a practicable sensor, communication system, or avionics control that has to interface with the outside world and yet is adequately isolated against large pulses.

High altitude EMP (HEMP) devices produce three distinct regimes of pulse, referred to as E1, E2, and E3. Microelectronics are most sensitive to E1, which is due to interaction of x-ray and gamma ray radiation with the rarified upper atmosphere and the geomagnetic field resulting an a nearly coherent, widely distributed pulse, sort of like a very large free electron maser. In more dense atmosphere where the the rays are rapidly absorbed and don't have much length to deflect, this pulse is serious attenuated, and the amount of damage done but the physical effects of the blast (shock and thermal wave) would likely make E1 effects moot. E2 is more like static electricity, and can typically be shielded by using a protected ground or faraday cage type shielding. E3 is energy that is stored in the Earth's magnetic field (similar to that which comes from coronal discharges and solar flares) and will cause longer term disruption and very high voltage spikes in large arrays like power grids; again, not much of a threat to microelectronics.

Some work has been done on non-nuclear electromagnetic pulse (NNEMP) generation, mostly by use of explosively pumped flux compression generators (EPFCG), like that portrayed in the remake of Ocean's 11. Much of this work is classified, but the basic physics of it is pretty simple; you use an explosion to compress a large capacitor, vastly amplifying the discharge and obtain a very large flux through its electromagnetic field. The range of these devices are necessarily limited to the local area, unlike HEMP devices that provide coverage for hundreds of thousands of square miles. '

With Russia's lack of dependency on these sensitive microelectronics and systems in their military, it's quite obvious who the victor would be when we are talking about non-human warfare.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:38 pm 

Thank you for sharing. Creating a shield against EMP is almost impossible, at least for portable devices and vehicles.
USA would be really vulnerable for this, because a powerful EMP about 50 km over the ground, could cripple half of the US, and damage electronics all abroad.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:37 pm 

Taurus, I read that article about the SMART missle shield and stuff, what would Russia do if America doesnt acknowledge Medvedevs concerns at the least? And do you know what a Russian military uniform inspection is like? Do they inspect every detail centimeter to centimeter or do they just check if you know how to get out of bed and dress yourself?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:25 am 

Uhhh,

Poland would NEVER side with Russia over the US. Poland is one of the US's staunchest allies. After WWII and what both the Germans and the Russians did to them they are completely in alliance with the west.

My wife is Polish, she's only been here for six years. Poles are definitely NOT fans of Russia.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next