Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hello, Im a new kid.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:18 pm 

Qualification? Do you need good grades to be a pilot of any kind? And they make different dog tags for different services?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:18 pm 

Qualification? Do you need good grades to be a pilot of any kind? And they make different dog tags for different services?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:29 pm 

Well good grades in the classes for piloting yes, but no educational requirement I don't believe... But like I said I'm not very knowledgeable on Air Force or Piloting in the Russian Federation.

And third party companies do make dog tags specifically made for different branches, Soviet Army Stuff has quite a few of them, soldiers buy whichever one is applicable to them and they swap out the military issue ones I assume.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:37 pm 

So if I joined the Air Force and got an Air Force dog tag from here I could wear it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:31 am 

Same dog tag for all services

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:48 am 

I don't see why not, Russia is big on patriotism, they have holidays for most branches of the military. Excluding secret services and special forces of course... Due to the risk of a terrorist attack by the Islamic extremists.

But make sure you really know that this is what you want, because the Russian military isn't all training, brutal physicality exercises, and being a true patriot like all Russian soldiers are. There are a lot of terrible things that happen in today's world over there, worst than what we Americans have it, far worst. They deal with these cowardly terrorists on nearly a day to day basis, a lot of deaths happen, and a lot of destruction goes on. Russia doesn't take shit from terrorists, so the retaliation is twice as brutal, and sometimes the bodies can barely be identified. And each soldier suffers through it equally as well whether you are in the sky or on the ground in the thick of it, it will scar you one way or another, and you will be expected to eat it down and not let it show. I know that sounds easy, but a simple video I watched that was taken during the Nalchik Raid made me feel differently, it made me see just how terrible the conditions are for the special forces of Russia. OMSN in particular that day, had to deal with the terrorist attack on Nalchik, and one of the directors of anti-terror press agencies in the MVD died that day among many other individuals who served in the Russian military. And it definitely changed my outlook on things, and gave me a whole lot more respect for the special forces and Russian army in general. But even still, I don't fully understand what these guys go through because I have not once had to step in their shoes, even when doing impressions. But it at least helped me understand why they are so quiet about it, why every soldier is, and its kept me from asking those sensitive questions. I asked Vityaz quite a few times about his time in Chechnya, but until now I didn't realize that that's none of my business at all and I don't have the right to bring up those memories again.

So right now it seems like I'm just droning on for the time being, let me show you a few videos of the Nalchik Raid to put things in a different perspective;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqexoNjr ... ure=g-hist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_yvlp2 ... ure=g-hist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2liYThjF ... ure=g-hist < this one is very graphic, it shows the last moments of Tamerlan Kazikhanov; director of anti-terrorist press agency MVD RF.

If you can watch all three of these and come out with only a salute as your reaction then you might be able to assimilate live combat into your future career, but if not then I would really think about for awhile first before joining up as a foreigner in the Russian Air Force. I'm not trying to lecture you or anything, just making sure you have access to the truth of things before you make a decision, in the end it's all your choice, no one else's.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:30 pm 

I appreciate that. So pilots have it as dangerous as normal infantries? I saw a video of the Chechnya beheadings in Dagestan and that was upsetting. Do Russians like and respect their militaries?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:53 pm 

Depends on how hot the conflict is, right now no, but if another war breaks out like the one in Afghanistan or Chechnya, they will be looking for pilots, and the AA gunners will be looking for them too.

But yes, there is plenty of patriotism in the Russian Military, like I said before, they don't have a holiday for nearly every one of them for nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:05 pm 

Do you know the death rate, or a guess of it for fighter pilots.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:46 pm 

That information usually isn't public... To prevent public recourse.

But outside of hot zones I'd imagine it to be none except for operating accidents.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next