Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: What do you do with your Soviet Army Stuff?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:46 am 

Likewise, for the background on my cell phone I alternate between a Soviet Flag and a picture of an AK-47 guitar, the latter can be found somewhere in the Music forum on this site.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:38 am 

My cellphone background is the mushroom cloud scene from 'Jericho'

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:40 am 

The TV show?
I took a picture of a cloud outside the mall about a week ago, it looked like a mushroom cloud. I put it on my facebook. I'm a little too lazy to post it here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:07 pm 

I used my GP-5 gas mask to dress as a Snork on Halloween. I even crawled around on all fours. I entered a costume contest at my school and won a plastic trophy for "most original." Pounced on a couple people too.

To continue with the discrimination conversation; I live in Arizona, so it gets REALLY hot in the summer, even autumn. I use a shemagh when I airsoft, so I figured it would be good for walking home after school. I got called a terrorist a couple times, but mostly as jokes from my friends. I also wear Flecktarn pants to school, (before I continue, I should let you know that there are a lot of dipshits in my school) and I was asked by people if I had connections with the military. They were completely serious.

ада Обратный звонок тех, кто видит его

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:19 pm 

In winter here we normally have a few weeks of temperatures plummeting bellow -40 C. The coldest in record here is -53, so my soviet artillery troops coat in wool really comes in handy. Last winter I also used my GP-5 for walking outside for short periods of time, because of you didn't cover your mouth you would, in all seriousness, run the risk of suffocating, or at least to some damage to your inside from the rapidly changing temperature of the air in your lungs. Going from a 20+ degrees house into over 40 bellow really hurts. I did of course wear a hat outside of the mask. I'm thinking of getting an ushanka for this winter. Around this part of Norway they have a pretty interesting name. The name around here would be "Bjønnfitte". Translating it you are left with the striking title of "Bear c*nt".

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:10 pm 

I can confirm the last thing you mentioned... lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:15 am 

All I have from you Soviet Army Stuff is my navy pilotka. I tend to wear it on normal days, despite people's stares. Laughing

I have a white ushanka that I wear on colder days (sadly, I broke the insignia for it out of frustration D: ). And if I had any uniform, I would wear it almost every day as long as it was clean. That would be amazing. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:40 am 

Take it the insignia broke while putting it in? Those pins legs are horrible, I just file mine all to a point these days.

I personally don't have that much Soviet stuff, but have been meaning to see if a local Surplus store still has a KLMK Coverall set up for sale along with a East German Raindrop helmet

But never the less, I wear my slightly oversize Winter Uniform (Without lining, rear for the temp to drop lower than ~8c) on cold nights and mornings along with my Soldiers Ushanka or my Khaki Cap with a Soviet star depending on the weather
Also I have a Officers Documents bag that I use to carry around my engineering equipment (Studying Engineering at Highschool)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:38 pm 

Yep. That isn't a bad idea. I'm going to do that from now on. And the two legs on mine weren't equal in length so I would get one in and then while fighting to get the other in the one I already had in would come out. It was horrible.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:49 pm 

Usually you get the pins for free with every purchase, so if you order something again just ask to include a few of them and you shouldn't have any problems getting a replacement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next