Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: What do you do with your Soviet Army Stuff?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:32 pm 

I own one of those Black Ushankas available on eBay with the Soviet Infantry Cockade at school. Its a low quality non issue hat, and I intend to get a genuine blue grey one sometime soon. Most people that comment tell me ecstatically how cool it is, many more than the detractors that usually provide a loose finger from behind a window or in any other situation that they cant come into physical altercation with me. I rarely get bad comments on it. Even staff and teachers praise it. The only teacher that had a problem with it was the Japanese teacher, shes from Japan. No one ever told me to take it off or made comments other wise in class. My friends have a thing for my hat and constantly take it from me to wear. I have at times saluted long lines of leaving vehicles before I made my way to the study hall after the last bell.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:56 am 

Back in Manchester I used to wear my Afganka jacket and ushanka in winter, and the summer Afganka jacket and panamka hat. People used to say 'you will get a lot of trouble with Polish people and Czechs and Slovaks they were under the Russian yoke for nearly 50 years' but it never happened. Most of them used to come up to me speaking in Russian. Even Germans have been friendly while I am wearing this stuff Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:56 pm 

antisemitex wrote:
the red soldier wrote:
I wore the GP-7 gas mask all day at school for halloween with a trench coat and some kind of head cover.

Some were scared, some thought me crazy, some found realy cool and some wanted to try it.

Pretty much everyone asked me if it was real.

i'm surprised you could dress like that for Halloween at school. over here in the US they immediately refer you to a shrink, or social worker because they'd think it a prelude to a school shooting.

You aren't kidding. I had a co-worker get angry with me for wearing a Ushanka. Said I was Anti-American. I said "no, just warm and stylish" LOL!

http://www.soviet-steel.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:11 pm 

try living somewhere with Polish people and wear an ushanka, you get a lot of hassle. I wear my ushanka and my Afganka coat a lot. it attracts a lot of attention from them

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:25 pm 

a polish individual (marek for ex.) is usually in my experiences understanding, and not rash about such things, but the polish as a people have a tendency to accept western garbage propaganda as truth, and overembellish their plight.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:28 pm 

Which brings up a question comrades. How do you think Switzerland would take it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:18 pm 

Wow, I'm surprized! I live in Canada and I'm Russian. I met many Polish dudes here, and they are really friendly to me...(well may be also because i'm 6'2'' and 200 pounds... Laughing ) No really, when i meet Polish we start talking, trying to understand each others mother tongue(there is many words in common), drink vodka together... Laughing and i never had any confrontation woth anybody... I don't know, may be i'm lucky?!?!? Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:52 pm 

most are OK, some are off. A lot of the Baltic Soviet state peoples can be really off though

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:53 am 

I don't find it the ethnicity or culture of the people that are often the problem, it's mainly how they perceive their history with another one's culture.

For example, I'm not Russian, though I am mainly German decent, and I have no problem with the Russian Militaria, I enjoy it and acknowledge all of our histories rich culture regardless of how they once were described in mass media. But living in America, you tend to be criticized by 'patriots' who do not believe that individual cultures with a single person should be anything other than 'American,' which where I am, mainly consist of people who believe such nonsense, sadly.

I was criticized for being of German decent here in my schools and in general meet ups with people simply because I was proud of where I come from. Mainly the ignorant 'rednecks' or 'patriots,' proceeded to call me a Nazi or a 'Dolf, and so forth. And now that I wear Russian militaria, I'm suddenly a 'Commie Bastard,' in my work place at times, but hopefully most of them are merely joking... Yet I still do not find it funny at all, more so offensive and spiteful, a similar version of racism exists in my opinion that goes to what we represent and what our origins are.

However, places like these, with people like those who stay here, give me hope in believing that at least some of the world thinks differently than what the mass media and typical expectations of modern day society want people to believe. It's refreshing to be in a multi-cultured environment, unsegregated by our origins, cultures, or ethnicity, and all for the same single interest; collecting memorabilia, and admiring Humanity as a whole's history.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:29 am 

antisemitex wrote:
the red soldier wrote:
I wore the GP-7 gas mask all day at school for halloween with a trench coat and some kind of head cover.

Some were scared, some thought me crazy, some found realy cool and some wanted to try it.

Pretty much everyone asked me if it was real.

i'm surprised you could dress like that for Halloween at school. over here in the US they immediately refer you to a shrink, or social worker because they'd think it a prelude to a school shooting.

Not to go all the way to the first page as a quote, but actually, they'd probably just call the cops and shoot you right then and there, of course, I live in Kentucky, and we do like our guns... maybe it's different where you're from.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next