Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: GP-7vm and PMG gas masks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:49 pm 

I ordered two gas masks to add to my collection/apocalypse survival kit and was very impressed with my orders.
Both came in well within the 10-14 day ETA. The packages they came in looked very flimsy, but both products were unharmed so I guess its not really and issue. Both masks can also be fitted with Rx inserts which is a must for me. Both masks also seal and the voice emitters work great.

The GP-7vm was easy to figure out, however it was missing one out of the two extra eye pieces. Otherwise, it came in great condition and definitely worth the purchase. The way the mask is built it doesnt allow for the user to blast air out the sides of the mask as per proper mask sealing procedures. When donning a mask in a contaminated environment, the user plugs the exhalation valve and blows air into the mask to force any contaminents out the sides. Next, the user then plugs the filter to properly seal the mask against his/her face. Thus, clearing the mask of outside particles and creating a solid seal against the face. That aside, the drinking tube works great and a must have for prolonged use in the field.

The PMG also came in great condition and no missing items. Great fit, and allows the user to blast air out of the mask sides and properly seal. Feels secure and retains its seal during movement and exercise.

I would be interested in seeing any Field Manuals for these masks (if they got pictures it wont matter if it's in Russian), just so customers would have a better understanding of these masks and how to properly use and maintain these masks.

Post subject: Re: GP-7vm and PMG gas masks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:07 am 

I have the Russian Chemical Defence manual, I will soon be scanning it so ill let you know when its done

Post subject: Re: GP-7vm and PMG gas masks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:58 am 

Спасибо товарищу