Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: OZK Chemical Suit
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:33 am 

Everyone else put up a review at some point, so I figured, what the hell.

Well, the suit is a one size fits all suit, which is good since you don't have to worry about it... not fitting...(duh). The suit is pretty big and relatively heavy, since its more or less a rubberized suit. The sleeves and hood have an elastic band in them so it stay somewhat tight at the ends. The part where your hands are pretty good in terms of being sealed. The suit didn't come with gloves, but I have 10,000 volt gloves which work similiarly. The hood has a seal problem though. The band isn't tight enough to make a snug fit. I actually rely on the side filter of the PMg to keep the hood from falling over my face. The buttons are just black, hard plastic. Its basically a small cone connected to a wider base. The holoes for the bottons to fit through are fine, but a rubber ring inside the hole (to make an excellent seal around the button) makes it extremetly difficult to get on, mostly near the neck. Instead of it being top piece, like a shirt, its more like a trench coat. For me the bottom of it reaches around my shins. The boots are the best of the deal. The soles are textured so it gets more friction on a wet surface. The boot goes from the ground up to the top of my knees. Three straps make a nice tight fit and a canvas strap is tied to your belt or belt loop to keep it from sliding down your leg. The boots are big enough to fit your boots or shoes in. This is obviously a non-combat suit and used for workers for decon teams. I personnelly can't run without the coat getting in the way of my legs.

All in all its not bad. The suit can get very warm inside though. I only had on jeans and a tee shirt for a party near halloween and after an hour or so, sweat started to pool in the tips of my gloves. So dress lightly for gigs. The boots, I use for everything. Before I broke my leg, we got a snow storm and the snow was too high for my regular boots, so I put the OZK ones on... don't think I'll buy another set of snow shoes ever again.

Post subject: Re: OZK Chemical Suit
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:55 am 

Nice review bro, this is your first on the site I believe? Nice first review, looked real professional. I might get this suit when I have completed my Russian Army Uniform. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:28 pm 

This review basically convinced me to get the OZK as well, I hope it arrives here soon (the Netherlands)! The OZK suit is quite scary to see too (when you are wearing a gas mask and all), must have had an intense psychological effect on enemy soldiers when you would wear it. Combined with one of those plastic last resort poncho's it should give a really effective protection too, at least a better protection as most 'Western' chemical suits..
Here is a usage manual (in Russian) with instructions on how to fold the suit up, etc.

I really love this thing, haha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:41 pm 

Its a nice suit! When you get it, but it in a very well ventilated area or outside, otherwise which ever room you put it in will have an overpowering smell of rubber. I put it in my closet and for about a week my room smelled like it. I recomment getting a GP-5 for it. it looks better then the rest of the gas masks. Have fun with it dude!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:24 am 

Haha thanks for the advice, I know that smell well because I already have several other chemical suits (an East-German SBA2, a Soviet L-1 and a Zodiac). Rubber stinks! I was thinking to use my SchMs with it, because I think it's the most creepy gas mask out there (together with the PRWU, but those are almost the same)

Just a question, comes the suit with some sort of carrying bag?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:23 pm 

It's possible, unfortunately in my case I only received a carrying bag for my LC-1 chemical suit, but you can probably request one no problem.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:44 pm 

I should probably invest in a chemical suit of my own. Too lazy/poor to do it right now though. Probably gonna get the CS-1 I believe that's what it's called.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:04 am 

I have L-1 chem suits here. GP-5 mask is easiest to use for beginners but I have the PMG series and a different mask for each member of the family that way I know who is who when we are all masked up

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:17 am 

That's is a pretty nice idea Vityaz, I got to remember that one!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:50 pm 

Its either that or stick an adhesive number on everyones mask