Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bercut 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:05 am 

While I collect Soviet Surplus, I have a fondness for Russian Military hardware.

Recently I needed a new backpack. As I have destroyed 3 in a year, not awesome backpacks but regular ones, due to use and the weight I load up with.
I recently decided I would get a better backpack, So I looked around. I found that the Russian Bercut 50 best fit my needs. It is a solid and seemed to have enough space for me.

When I first got the pack I look in the back and to my delight The main compartment has mesh areas that I can store equipment and is segmented into two parts. the front two pockets provide good storage and are large compared to other backpacks I have used.
Loaded up with my normal load it greatly reduced the strain on my back compared to a normal backpack It has excellent weight distribution, and the MOLLE system will be good for later on when I require more out of the pack. I will report back if I have any issues with NATO made MOLLE pouches.

Overall a good Backpack and I would recommend it.

Post subject: Re: Bercut 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:05 pm 

Saw this backpack sometime ago when I was searching around the site. And I'm really interested in buying it (after the Flora BDU and Vest). I have lots of my backpacks collapse under load (even my expensive ones), and it's getting pretty annoying. And they sometimes collapse at the most inconvenient places, like when we were hiking once.(I lost all the food and water I brought because of that!) This backpack looks really durable (and your recommendation reassures my guess), and those MOLLE attaching points will be really useful if I need to expand it sometime in the future.(waiting for your input regarding NATO made pouches) I'm interested in this color of the backpack.(olive)

Link: http://www.sovietarmystuff.com/Product_532_Russian_Army_Bercut_50_Rucksack_Backpack_Olive.html

I don't really like the way Flecktarn Camouflage looks. In my opinion it just looks like feces, with a few mud mixed in. Although it doesn't look that bad up close. And I think it will really stand out if I use it for Airsofting or Hunting.(more of an environmental issue)

Link: http://www.sovietarmystuff.com/Product_533_Russian_Army_Bercut_50_Rucksack_Backpack_Flecktarn.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:56 pm 

like I said I can get MOLLE compatible pouches, just tell me what you need and I get you a price

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:42 pm 

Thanks for the kind offer vityaz! Smile MOLLE pouches are getting more scarcer here nowadays. Evil or Very Mad I'll take your offer when I get my future vest or this backpack. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:29 am 

Thanks for the offer vityaz.

At the moment I have got it loaded with 2 17AH SLA Batteries, they provide me with, "Power on the go" Wink and its good to test the bag. This would normally kill any other bag, the Burcut 50 is fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:36 pm 

Wow if that bag can take 2 17 AH SLA batteries, then it must really be durable! I salute your strength too Toje, for being able to lift that much weight.Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:35 pm 

Well I have some NATO MOLLE pouches here. My camel pack fits and so does the protective one for my mobile, so from the looks of it the Russian "MOLLE" works with NATO MOLLE.
The camel pack only connects on the top half though, but I knew that would happen, still works well Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:19 pm 

That is good news for me, as I have some NATO MOLLE pouches here! I now feel happy knowing that they will fit. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:43 pm 

I got a MOLLE-system trauma pack pouch and it fits OK on my tarzan assault vest MOLLE ladders

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:50 am 

This may seem like a stupid question, I'm sorry. But how do you properly attach MOLLE pouches? I never get mine to hold firmly in place.