Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:28 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sfera helmet
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:39 am 

Hi everyone.

I´m Pablo, an airsoft and spetsnaz entusiast from Spain.

I´m really interested in this beautiful helmet and I thought that maybe here you could help me a bit to know about its caracteristics. As far as I saw and as its own name points out, its shape is basically a sphere-like metal frame, which is composed by 3 or 4 pieces of armor tighten all together by the cover. I'm interested in the metal sphere size: could anybody tell me the diameter or perimeter of it? Or maybe you have access to some other graphic documents that show that measures well...

Thanks anybody for replies

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:34 am 

I think it goes out to about 64 centimeters roughly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:51 pm 

Thanks vitiaz. So the perimeter of that metal sphere without covering stuf is 64cm, is that right??? Embarassed

Also it would be really cool seeing some more pics of anybody showing interior and other more views of the helmet.

Cheers from Spain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:36 pm 

its about that. I have some pics on my other PC, ill try and post them over the next few days

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:30 am 

Those pics would help me a lot, comrade Laughing

Seriously, please let us see some views of the metal structure of the inside. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:27 am 

antisemitex wrote:
i hate to say it, but a lot of the dealers who sell the stuff (especially on the russian side) know a good time to price hike and know a little more than half the time the guy on the other end is going to pay up. (no way in hell should a borit be almost $1000, but it is!)

but then again when it comes to militaria half the time you are dealing in black market prices whether you like it or not. (must be pay for risk invovled in getting the stuff out of russia. it ain't exactly splav they're offering)

Heh, I get that with allot of places, some stuff is hard to deal with.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:13 am 

I'm mesmerized by the beauty of this helmet, wish I could get one soon too! Very Happy I could use this in case I get drafted in our Army here, because it offers ballistic protection. The Philippine Army only issues helmets to elite units, reservist and most regular forces get a hat or bandanna. The only possible issue I see is it's weight, because there are lots of jungles here. But I guess I will be able to bear it, after some training. In the meanwhile I will use my M68 helmet that is going to arrive.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:35 pm 

gafrin wrote:
I'm mesmerized by the beauty of this helmet, wish I could get one soon too! Very Happy I could use this in case I get drafted in our Army here, because it offers ballistic protection. The Philippine Army only issues helmets to elite units, reservist and most regular forces get a hat or bandanna. The only possible issue I see is it's weight, because there are lots of jungles here. But I guess I will be able to bear it, after some training. In the meanwhile I will use my M68 helmet that is going to arrive.

Helmets also stick out Wink the Curve is distinctive and can give you away. A lot of smaller armies don't use them for anything but defense of Spec ops in assaults because the Boonie or hat provides better distortion of the Soldiers head. This is effective in woodland brush or forest scenarios. Really the best time to have a helmet is in a defense or frontal assault, where you are likely to be detected easily, for patrols stick to the hats.

Remember the 5 S's and the M

Shape - Helmets
Silhouette - Helmets
Spacing
Size
Shadow
Movement

Helmets affect your Shape and Silhouette, its best to be distorted as possible when you don't want to be shot at.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:08 pm 

It's true that helmets do stick out, as seen in Airsoft Games I played at. And that is the more heavy equipment people bring, the more easily they are picked out. The reason for this is that they stick out (as you said about the silhouette) , or are bogged down by the weight they're carrying. The people that usually last in our games are those wearing Ghille Suits or wearing light ordinance.

Also according to some people I know from the military here, they usually like using reservists as cannon fodder against terrorist and other rebel groups, and only after that do they send Regular Troops in. I'm really sure that they will still do this in a full scale war. They also don't trust Reservists and Militia's here to do patrol work, as they are suspected of being infiltrated. So that means this helmet is still useful for me, in case I get assigned in a frontal assault. Very Happy

I'm really learning lots of thing from this forum, thanks for always guiding me! Also sorry if I'm annoying you guys, I have this habit of always asking questions and saying thank you to people.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:47 am 

Gafrin I am happy to share what I know, it may not be what you learn but I hope it helps.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next