Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Russian Army paratrooper VDV backpack
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:40 pm 

http://www.sovietarmystuff.com/Product_ ... dland.html

http://www.sovietarmystuff.com/Product_ ... Olive.html

I posted links to both the woodland and OD green packs here as the pack is just the same, only colour is different

Good size of pack, heavy material so it will take a lot of heavy work! lots of padding materials in the back and straps

Comes with a waist belt and chest straps for extra stability

Main pocket is about a 30 - 35 liter capacity and two side pockets make up the rest. On the front of the pack is a small pocket, and behind this a pocket into which you can slide the standard Russian Army issue entrenching shovel. The handle of the shovel fits into a strap at the bottom of the pack front designed just for this purpose.

Strap loops on the top, bottom and front of the pack for attaching things like sleeping rolls, plash-pilatka rain capes, or a coat

Finally, plenty of loops for attaching extra pouches with the MOLLE PALS system of attachment

As backpacks go, its not got as much room as a bergen or a large ALICE pack, but its pretty good value for money and if you dont want lots of fancy kit to get by in the field this is the pack to go for. I have a compact sleeping bag and roll mat and carry a lot of kit on my belt just like in the olden days so this pack would suit me just fine!!!