Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Vityaz kit
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:45 am 

Looking to get the same gear as the Vityaz does. With the camo, what would it be used in the summer and fall (when the trees are dead)? Better yet, what could be used in the summer and fall? Already have the boots and one of those Chinese AK mag chest rigs so that will be fine for now. What color stripped shirts would I need to wear? Would I wear colored patches?

My videos from exploring old, abandoned buildings. Comments are always welcomed.

Post subject: Re: Vityaz kit
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:19 am 

Reed camo, Kamysh and smog are the norm in summer woodland. Partizan and flectar-D in autumn. In an urban area then the urban reed camo and urban shadow camo are popular. As for striped shirts red or paratrooper blue are the norm. Coloured patches, the boys would wrap camo material round the patches if they need to hide.

Attachments:
File comment: Smog and shirts
vityaz00136.JPG
vityaz00136.JPG [ 144.12 KB | Viewed 16467 times ]
File comment: Urban reed
vityaz0024.JPG
vityaz0024.JPG [ 83.29 KB | Viewed 15144 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:50 pm 

Nice post! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:56 am 

Loving the old boys winter kit, bet you get as sweaty as hell running in it for 10 minutes Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:21 am 

AlexUK wrote:
Loving the old boys winter kit, bet you get as sweaty as hell running in it for 10 minutes Smile

Actually I think a lot of the extra "padding" is... them. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:43 am 

I can't wait to run around in my winter kit,all the Tim Horton's and beer has given me some extra "padding" to run off just like the old boys ...lol..now I want good boots for winter but I don't know what to get yet...any suggestions?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:00 pm 

AlexUK wrote:

They wouldn't have to I don't believe, those guys are officers during a show of equipment. I doubt they have seen much physical activity in many years with having what basically equates to a desk job in many instances.

Kendrick wrote:
I can't wait to run around in my winter kit,all the Tim Horton's and beer has given me some extra "padding" to run off just like the old boys ...lol..now I want good boots for winter but I don't know what to get yet...any suggestions?

Kind of depends on what type of uniform you have bought and what you are going for; authenticity or practicality. I'm assuming the winter FLORA is what you went for, so I would recommend going for the modern winter lined 'Crocodile,' boots. You know you've found the right pair if it has a padded/reinforced upper on the back of the boots. Either way you will want to find some portiyanki (winter variant) to protect your feet, because Russian military boots are infamous for destroying your feet without proper lining from portiyanki or certain types of socks. Or if that's not warm enough, valenki is always a good choice. Those have been used since The Great Patriotic War, and still today.