Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Speakers on soviet-era (1985) tankers helmet.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:40 pm 

Hello all. First time poster looking for some troubleshooting. I have a Soviet-era (1985) tankers helmet, white wool interior. It has two speakers. It appears to be wired. I am wondering if any of you enterprising folks would know, and be able to explain, to me how to wire it with a modern headphone cord.

I remember doing something similar when I first got it and it worked, at least somewhat, but im not sure how or if the wiring im using now is the same.

The speakers in the tankers helmet have a blue and red wire coming from the left earpiece. The blue wire leads directly out. The red wire appears to string around and connect with the right earpiece, then wind out. There are two other wires, a white and a purple(ish) that are shielded with copper that im not sure where they go.

I have a headphone jack that I cut the earpieces off of and attempted to connect to the various wires on the helmet. I was not successful in getting sound.

I was wondering if anyone had tried anything similar and got it working... im sure SOMEONE has somewhere... Smile Smile I'm just hoping they are here!!! Smile

Thanks guys!!

Rotluchs