Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Jacket and pants question
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:07 pm 

Got myself a flecktarn parka and it's time to figure out what pants would look good with them, It's with British smog pattern or U.S army digi camo or Swiss alpenflage black camo pants. I don't want to get the flecktarn pattern pants.

My videos from exploring old, abandoned buildings. Comments are always welcomed.

Post subject: Re: Jacket and pants question
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:58 pm 

Gasmask with Vodka wrote:
Got myself a flecktarn parka and it's time to figure out what pants would look good with them, It's with British smog pattern or U.S army digi camo or Swiss alpenflage black camo pants. I don't want to get the flecktarn pattern pants.

whats the reason for that?

IMO mixing and matching camo just look stupid. Just like when you dont tuck your pants into the boots.

at least be realistic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:44 pm 

I am trying to pull off a Independent Contractor look but at the same time, stick with a military theme. After looking at some pics of Blackwater contractors in military gear, how does blue jeans with coyote tan tactical knee Pad(s) sound?

My videos from exploring old, abandoned buildings. Comments are always welcomed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:27 am 

Well to be honest, US Army Digital is going to be nearly impossible to find in actual issue, I have a pair of USMC issue and that was because I bought it off some soldier who stole a few sets from military stock. They strictly prohibit any sales of their pattern to civilian personnel, what you see in stores is reproduction that doesn't use the actual print.

So the best course of action to go with would probably be British DPM pattern since Alpenflage is far too bright for Flecktarn. But I would definitely advise you to purchase Kukla SMOG so that the Flecktarn doesn't overpower the DPM, as British DPM has a much much lighter green.

If I would have suggested mixing Flecktarn with anything, I would have told you to get Russian 'FROG,' camouflage and mix it up with some Flecktarn-D, it works really well as long as you have Flecktarn-D as a boonie hat or a jacket, bright on top and dark on bottom is my general mash up simply because the colors above the general horizon on the field would be of lighter coloration and darker would be on the bottom to match the trunks of trees, darker foliage, leaves, etc.

That's my take on this whole subject.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:42 am 

Haha!
Here in Norway... -.-
The military, and government doesn't give a shit... LoL
I bought one of the regular Woodland BDU... Seems like they've got nothing else, than the normal Khaki/Desert BDUs down in Afghanistan.. But that is kinda difficult to get too.
Back too the woodland, I bought it of an lady that sold Norwegian militaria, on a car-mess.
And you know what!?
I bought it for $17,25 or 100 NOK!
ONE-ZERO-ZERO! @_@
But they aren't much of a "collectors item"..

The only special thing is that it it a Norwegian flag on the right shoulder/arm. And the material is kinda water repellent.
I can upload pictures if you want to see what we defend our country with... -.- *a little bit disappointed*
At least we have more tactical gear than that Razz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:56 am 

vzldrb wrote:
Gasmask with Vodka wrote:

whats the reason for that?

IMO mixing and matching camo just look stupid. Just like when you dont tuck your pants into the boots.

at least be realistic.

I like mixing and matching camo as it gives off a "militant" feel. Anyway, GwV you could try it with Urban Camo.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:59 pm 

Thanks everyone. This is what I am stuck with:

SPLAV Bekas BDU Pants - Shadow

SPLAV Bekas BDU Pants - Smog

SPLAV Russian Bekas Flecktar-d BDU Pants

Khaki with or without knee pad(s)

Well worn blue jeans with or without knee pad(s)

The name of the camo pants are straight from the website where I will be buying the pants from.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:47 pm 

Well like I said, Flecktar-D would go great on top due to the bright coloration you find in the trees, but in your case I would definitely pick SMOG, as Shadow pattern is urban/night camouflage.