Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Somebody advertising stuff for sale
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 am 

Just had a message from Vlad, somebody has possibly hacked the SAS facebook page and has been advertising stuff for sale, claiming to have been authorised to do so by me. The last person I recall speaking to on here was the Canadian gentleman who was waiting on his winter coat and offering to send me some Tim Hortons coffee, so I don't remember any such communication recently. All members please be aware that there are fraudsters out there as we found a few years ago with the forum members working out of Spain offering stuff for sale at too-good-to-be-true prices and shilling for each other who were exposed by the investigations of Taurus and myself, and then began threatening me. Yeah, like you're going to come down the keyboard and kill me! (At least my intelligence skills are still sharp)

Please, please, please, if you have even the slightest suspicion that somebody is offering something for sale and maybe running a scam, or offering stuff for sale using this medium without authorisation from Vladimir or myself please contact us immediately and we will investigate the matter. If somebody is genuine, I am sure they will not mind us checking them out as it preserves their reputation. If somebody is a con artist I don't care if they're happy or not, in fact I'd prefer them to be unhappy as it means my forum friends are protected from them!

If anybody has information as to this hacker or has been contacted with regards to a business transaction this can be reported to me or Vladimir in confidence with the PM. I already have my suspicions they may be operating out of West Africa.

An additional safeguard that I cannot stress enough is never ever to send payments by cash, MoneyGram, Western Union, or paypal which the seller asks you to send as a gift 'so I don't pay fees' in this instance offer to send it as goods payment and a little extra to cover the fees just to see how creative they can be for the next excuse!!!