Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: 2012 Russian presidential election
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:35 pm 

Sorry about the bump but I wanted to add to gafrin's post:

gafrin wrote:
Personally, I like Putin as he is not afraid of being bullied around and stands by his own principles. Unlike some weak presidents like ours and in other Third World countries which lets richer countries manipulate us for monetary gain, just like puppets.

Absolutely spot on. Putin is a very strong president and has the mental tenacity to play "the game" on the political stage. Outside of Russia, he may not seem a man of many words but in these types of dog-eat-dog global politics/geopolitical military chessgames, it is far better to be absolutely diplomatic yet firm and Putin is the ONLY world leader as of now that is a great example of such cunning political finesse.

Because as you said above, it is precisely due to the lack of such finesse that other world leaders from the Third World and "emerging nations" are under the financial control of the other few powerful nations. I personally feel Russia is independant today and not a vassal state of some other power solely due to Putin.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:51 am 

From what I've read, getting Putin back in office would be like finding the golden ticket in a Wonka chocolate bar for Russia - i.e. A really wonderful occurence.

He really helped the economy. And I always admire leaders who pull that off. Didn't he cut the poverty in half pretty much, too? I'd say he's a winner. I'd vote for him.

But instead, our presidential elections here in the US are always lose-lose. :/ save for maybe twice in our entire history.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:16 pm 

Give it up for Ron Paul and maybe we can save ourselves from a revolutionary war between the public and the tyrant dictatorship that is slowly trying to take over bill by bill...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:30 am 

Taurus wrote:
Give it up for Ron Paul and maybe we can save ourselves from a revolutionary war between the public and the tyrant dictatorship that is slowly trying to take over bill by bill...

See, Ron Paul is just the lesser of the evils.

I think regardless of who wins I want to leave here immediately. We're sounding too much like we're going to end up a Christian Theocracy. o.o I really dislike too many things Ron Paul has said to like him over the others.

Really, our whole damned government is screwed. May as well move. So that's what I'm going to do. Laughing

Edit: Whoops, that part about Christmas was actually said about Rick Perry. Regardless, they all seem a little sick in the head.

Last edited by Veeshka on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:21 am 

Truer than most statements, political freedom is just a process, there's a reason there is an election every two years and luckily with the growing awareness of what's going on. Either the two-party system will collapse into a multi-party or there will eventually be an overthrowing of government powers. Corporate dominated politicians will realize soon that they are just a man, and the populous will find out that they have the right to fire the people hired to give them a better quality of life.