Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Interesting video- AK47 vs M16
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:29 am 

yeah, also cosidering combat tends to be harsher than a firing range. The m16 seems to be more of a shooting range gun than a cobat gun. At least in your country you can have them! Very Happy in mine most are forbidden. Bolt action rifles are controlled and the government deosnt realize criminals dont like to register thier guns anyway. You dont have any 7.62 x 39 there? It my be rebranded under some 30ish caliber Razz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:56 pm 

Puli101 wrote:
cosidering combat tends to be harsher than a firing range. The m16 seems to be more of a shooting range gun than a cobat gun.

I agree, I don't even know how I will survive in a warzone if I lost my M16's cleaning kit. Still, the M16 is not that fragile, as I have dropped my rifle several times. It just have some extreme problems with sustained fire.

Puli101 wrote:
At least in your country you can have them! Very Happy in mine most are forbidden. Bolt action rifles are controlled and the government deosnt realize criminals dont like to register thier guns anyway.

Actually civilians are prohibited from acquiring full auto firearms here. However, a year ago there was a Gun Amnesty. Meaning you can register any unlicensed rifle within that period and that's how I got my M16. Very Happy

Puli101 wrote:
You dont have any 7.62 x 39 there? It my be rebranded under some 30ish caliber Razz

Actually we do have some 7.62x39 here. However, it is such in short supply that one 7.62x39 round's price is equal to one 20 round box of Mil Spec M193 5.56x45 ammo. I wouldn't trust local gunsmiths rechambering an AK 47 or clone to a NATO round as I believe they don't have sufficient knowledge or know how with the AK series of rifles to do so. Sad Some Communist Rebel gunsmiths might know how to do it, because Communist Rebels here possess the few AK's and 7.62x39 ammunition here. But I don't want to risk my life asking one! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:14 pm 

Quote:
Actually civilians are prohibited from acquiring full auto firearms here. However, a year ago there was a Gun Amnesty. Meaning you can register any unlicensed rifle within that period and that's how I got my M16.
Damn! lucky! Our gun amnesties seem to include a bunch of guys giving thiers to the government to be tossed into a crusher somewhere. For some reason our government Has kept our long gun registry, even though long guns (bolt action and shotguns) are not nomally used by criminals do to being unwieldy and slow. That being said with a license and days of paperwork one may still accuire a mosin nagant, lee enfield or Karbiner 98. Before all of the registry crap my dad's father had a lee enfield. Although a loophole does allow us to buy Guns like the TAC 50, the gun that a Canadian sniper used to set the former world record for longest kill. Bullets are like 5.00 each though

Quote:
Actually we do have some 7.62x39 here. However, it is such in short supply that one 7.62x39 round's price is equal to one 20 round box of Mil Spec M193 5.56x45 ammo. I wouldn't trust local gunsmiths rechambering an AK 47 or clone to a NATO round as I believe they don't have sufficient knowledge or know how with the AK series of rifles to do so. Some Communist Rebel gunsmiths might know how to do it, because Communist Rebels here possess the few AK's and 7.62x39 ammunition here. But I don't want to risk my life asking one!

Definatly not worth the trouble, Its better to be around to enjoy your gun, family, etc than it is to be dead and give rebels another one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:42 pm 

Man, gafrin, you should see if you can export me some rifles or some shit. I want to get some M1 Garand's and some Grease Guns. ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:16 pm 

Sure I would export you some rifles if I could do so legally. Heck, I would throw in a free Thompson and WW2 issue M1911 for free! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:18 pm 

We only got Mauser K98s up here...
NOTHING Russian... -.-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:52 pm 

Check for me and I'll send you a check. ^^