Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:53 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Recived my order
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:40 pm 

Received my order in 12 days - which is fairly good (being over Xmas and New Year).

PMG and PBF masks - Only problem was that "Anti fog inserts" have dried up.

R-2 - arrived just as shown in the photo - unsealed =/ also, not the "brownish-red" as shown on the site.

Spade - came with a pretty banged up handle (from untreated wood) and visibly albeit lightly corroded blade, handle is covered (dirty) in what seems to be the same substance used in bluing the blade.
It appears as if it was stored in a big, damp pile of other spades or similar instruments - wouldn't call it "new" =).

Gloves - seem alright, slightly moldy.

Otherwise fairly content with the purchase.

Something I wanted to buy but did not find on the site was spare filters for the gas-masks. A pack of 10 would be nice.

Post subject: Re: Recived my order
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:25 pm 

That's generally how surplus comes unfortunately. But don't mind the anti-fog inserts, I don't think they ever worked to begin with, a lot of people use a homemade remedy or some extra powerful civilian stuff on their masks.

As for the filters, just send Vlad a PM, I've bought filters from him before so you shouldn't have an issue getting more.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:06 am 

Instead of using the anti-fog inserts, I always found a little liquid soap works better, a thin film of soap on the lenses prevents them fogging by inhibiting the chemical reaction

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:05 pm 

Sanded down and applied clear lacquer to the shovel handle, now it looks fairly decent and will not deteriorate much further with use.

Thanks for the tip regarding spare filters, ill contact him later.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:48 am 

Regarding the saperka, mine was issued with a 1947 date stamp and looked like it had been used in the first world war but still worked fine!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:31 am 

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way saying that a piece of steel will not displace dirt properly because it's finish isn't perfect or it isn't attached to a polished/lacquered wooden handle Razz.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:44 am 

Kurgan wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I am in no way saying that a piece of steel will not displace dirt properly because it's finish isn't perfect or it isn't attached to a polished/lacquered wooden handle Razz.

I find with some kit it works better when its been used more!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:08 pm 

Agree! It's like leather boots that needs to be used for a while, to work optimally as intended.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:29 pm 

Awesome, received my order today. Order was shipped on the 18th of November and arrived on the 3d December Ukraine to Los Angeles, exactly 14 days as promised by Vladimir. Items received were in good shape and as pictured, correct items and at a good price. I wasn't sure at first because never heard of this site before, but I placed an order anyways since paypal is always safe. As a former Military CpecNaz Lieutenant I always choose my items by their: Functionality, Dependability, Versatility and Simplicity. This site is legit and real, great service, real items.

Here is what I got:

1- Original Russian military flask - 0,7L Standard soldier uniform aluminium flask.

This canteen is something special, I carried it every second of my service, almost (Soldier without his canteen is a dead soldier, our Colonel always used to say). Even in the hottest days you can have somewhat cold water if you wet the cloth of this canteen, and let it air through. Try it to believe it.

2- Soviet Military Airborne VDV Special Forces Spetsnaz Mess Kit - Kettle, Flask Canteen.

Now this kit, not many serviceman actually got to even see it. You are issued this kit on the time of deployment. I was in the market for some camping/survival gear. Then I remembered using this kit and wanted to find it here in the USA, very happy to actually have it back in my hands again. If you are looking for a canteen + cook set, this is the best kit available out there. Just take my word for it. I bought 2 of these kits, one for myself and one for my American friend. He loved it, because the design of this kit is so perfect, nothing better has been invented yet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:22 pm 

Ahh, please tell us a bit more about your career within spetsnaz. For example which part of the term?

I assume it might be "Slon voyska strategicheskogo naznacheniya"? There is very little information available about this spetsnaz group, because it is also the best and most secret one.