Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A few questions.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:05 am 

I'm currently living in the UK, and have practically no interest in playing airsoft officially. I think all this UKARA registration stuff is silly, as it requires me to attend games every month, when, for me, that'd be something that I wouldn't want to do.

I do, however, want to own or collect airsoft guns, simply for display purposes. It is illegal for commercial retailers to sell me realistic looking airsoft guns because of these dumb laws, but I've heard you can get away with it if you sell privately.

I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to make it legal for me to purchase airsoft guns commercially, or, if not, if anyone knows of anyone who'd be willing to sell privately in the UK?

Post subject: Re: A few questions.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:43 am 

Forgot to mention, I am looking for AK-type rifles. Prefer wood and metal parts over plastic, obviously.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:28 pm 

The laws should allow you to use airsoft rifles that are equipped with a orange flash hider that is plastic and very bright. Once you get them and put them on display you shouldn't have any problems replacing the flash hiders I don't think, as long as you won't be using them publicly. I doubt the UK has extremely strict gun laws as they are one of the largest manufacturers of current popular rifles, but if you still are not able to acquire them in your country, there is always the chance for private sale, I can acquire the orange flash tipped rifles but I also have the stature to remove the orange flash hiders and include a black one for you to attach when it arrives, however, doing that in transit would be prohibited and I would feel comfortable hiding it in the bottom of the box for you when you receive it.

However, I will say that shipping will be as expensive as buying from Moscow or Russia, possibly even more since UPS would be the best bet for delivery.

So see what you can do there and if all else fails you can always import from here. If you have any doubts on the flash hider part, you can always contact local authorities and have them do a run through with the laws to see if it would be legal or not. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:01 pm 

Quote:
I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to make it legal for me to purchase airsoft guns commercially,

Emigrate to the United States would be the first, best step.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:45 pm 

bowfin wrote:
Quote:
I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to make it legal for me to purchase airsoft guns commercially,

Might not be that way depending on the way things go politically here in the next few months.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:58 pm 

Taurus wrote:
bowfin wrote:
Quote:

Might not be that way depending on the way things go politically here in the next few months.

Might just go bankrupt and stuff, again...

... and with the EU's internal crisis, the US might not get any backup-cash.

Personally, I wish the citizens of the US good luck for that the deals go smooth, but...